AFR BBF Head

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  57ford custom on February 24th 2018, 2:43 pm

I'm looking at the crank and it clearly shows the approximate 3/4 inch larger diameter that I posted about that the Danny Bee belt drive lower pulley won't fit on. So if anyone is considering a Danny Bee belt drive system be aware of this problem. Mine is a scat crank but the stock crank was the same as the one in this picture.
avatar
57ford custom

Posts : 66
Join date : 2017-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  Lem Evans on February 24th 2018, 3:51 pm

Dave De wrote:No main studs.... must be a front sump package with a pan that has a screen?



7" front 9" rear .

Lem Evans

Posts : 7019
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  57ford custom on February 24th 2018, 4:38 pm

How did you get the bottom pulley on as there was no way in hell it fit mine
avatar
57ford custom

Posts : 66
Join date : 2017-04-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  BOSS 429 on February 25th 2018, 1:57 am

BBFTorino wrote:So let me try to get this right....and correct me if Im wrong.
The AFR heads are a quality product, and they are better 'out of the box' than a P-51 or SCJ head, yes?
But with some porting, the P-51 and SCJ's would make more power than the AFR's, yes?
But with further porting on the AFR's, they would out perform the P-51 and SCJ's, yes?

Has anyone done any custom porting on a set of AFR's yet??....I mean like somewhat beyond the out of the box CNC job that they already have??
If so, it would be interesting to see the comparison of the CNC version against a hand ported version.

As I understand it, a set of P-51 or SCJ heads still needs the intake to be ported/matched to the heads (if one wants to optimize their combo), but the AFR intake matches the AFR heads a lot better right out of the box, yes?



YES, HAD A SET OF THESE HEADS in my hand today, I hope I get to work on a set.keep in mined THEY come ported from AFR.
avatar
BOSS 429

Posts : 2195
Join date : 2009-08-10
Location : Ill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  BBFTorino on February 25th 2018, 3:02 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:So let me try to get this right....and correct me if Im wrong.
The AFR heads are a quality product, and they are better 'out of the box' than a P-51 or SCJ head, yes?
But with some porting, the P-51 and SCJ's would make more power than the AFR's, yes?
But with further porting on the AFR's, they would out perform the P-51 and SCJ's, yes?

Has anyone done any custom porting on a set of AFR's yet??....I mean like somewhat beyond the out of the box CNC job that they already have??
If so, it would be interesting to see the comparison of the CNC version against a hand ported version.

As I understand it, a set of P-51 or SCJ heads still needs the intake to be ported/matched to the heads (if one wants to optimize their combo), but the AFR intake matches the AFR heads a lot better right out of the box, yes?



YES, HAD A SET OF THESE HEADS in my hand today, I hope I get to work on a set.keep in mined THEY come ported from AFR.

Which ones do you have??..the 315's??

BBFTorino

Posts : 514
Join date : 2015-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  Lem Evans on February 25th 2018, 11:23 am

Dave De wrote:No main studs.... must be a front sump package with a pan that has a screen?




No screen door parts included.......only trays for me.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7019
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  Dave De on February 25th 2018, 11:41 am

Lem Evans wrote:
Dave De wrote:No main studs.... must be a front sump package with a pan that has a screen?




No screen door parts included.......only trays for me.

A work of art and functional as well. How does the oil pickup tube get supported?
avatar
Dave De

Posts : 525
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Utica, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  Lem Evans on February 25th 2018, 11:48 am

The usual main bolt with the 3/8" stud on the end.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7019
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  cobrakid8 on February 25th 2018, 12:35 pm

That pan looks really nice! Not trying to hijack, but what's the best way to put one of those on with no outer pan rail visible and only the holes, I never had one before like this.

And very nice build Lem, you and Flip both know how to build one hell of a motor! Very good showing by the AFR heads also!

cobrakid8

Posts : 245
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  rmcomprandy on February 25th 2018, 12:46 pm

cobrakid8 wrote:That pan looks really nice! Not trying to hijack, but what's the best way to put one of those on with no outer pan rail visible and only the holes, I never had one before like this.  

And very nice build Lem, you and Flip both know how to build one hell of a motor! Very good showing by the AFR heads also!

Nuts on short studs, VERY carefully, from the bottom with the engine upright.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 4988
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  cobrakid8 on February 25th 2018, 12:51 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:That pan looks really nice! Not trying to hijack, but what's the best way to put one of those on with no outer pan rail visible and only the holes, I never had one before like this.  

And very nice build Lem, you and Flip both know how to build one hell of a motor! Very good showing by the AFR heads also!

Nuts on short studs, VERY carefully, from the bottom with the engine upright.

Thanks Randy, sounds like I am going to have a fun time lol

cobrakid8

Posts : 245
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  BOSS 429 on February 28th 2018, 12:55 am

BBFTorino wrote:
BOSS 429 wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:So let me try to get this right....and correct me if Im wrong.
The AFR heads are a quality product, and they are better 'out of the box' than a P-51 or SCJ head, yes?
But with some porting, the P-51 and SCJ's would make more power than the AFR's, yes?
But with further porting on the AFR's, they would out perform the P-51 and SCJ's, yes?

Has anyone done any custom porting on a set of AFR's yet??....I mean like somewhat beyond the out of the box CNC job that they already have??
If so, it would be interesting to see the comparison of the CNC version against a hand ported version.

As I understand it, a set of P-51 or SCJ heads still needs the intake to be ported/matched to the heads (if one wants to optimize their combo), but the AFR intake matches the AFR heads a lot better right out of the box, yes?



YES, HAD A SET OF THESE HEADS in my hand today, I hope I get to work on a set.keep in mined THEY come ported from AFR.

Which ones do you have??..the 315's??




yes
avatar
BOSS 429

Posts : 2195
Join date : 2009-08-10
Location : Ill

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  Dave De on February 28th 2018, 8:53 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
Dave De wrote:No main studs.... must be a front sump package with a pan that has a screen?




No screen door parts included.......only trays for me.

The pan came in today and it looks as good as the pictures. I was expecting some stickers but I can wait. Someday I'll be in the 8's and make you proud.
Thanks much....
avatar
Dave De

Posts : 525
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Utica, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  Lem Evans on March 2nd 2018, 10:30 am

Did you get the damper?

Lem Evans

Posts : 7019
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  lance flake on March 2nd 2018, 5:31 pm

What type of car is this engine going in? Door car or dragster?

lance flake

Posts : 78
Join date : 2009-12-28
Location : union ms

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  Dave De on March 2nd 2018, 7:41 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Did you get the damper?

It came in Thursday and it looks great.
Thanks
avatar
Dave De

Posts : 525
Join date : 2011-05-27
Location : Utica, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  bigford632 on March 10th 2018, 8:26 pm

Lem / Philip,

What adjusting nuts did you guys use for the AFR / Jomar stud girdle on this build? The AFR information online is horrible for these and half of their links are broken!

Thanks,
Butch

bigford632

Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  Lem Evans on March 10th 2018, 8:52 pm

bigford632 wrote:Lem / Philip,

What adjusting nuts did you guys use for the AFR / Jomar stud girdle on this build? The AFR information online is horrible for these and half of their links are broken!

Thanks,
Butch

The bars came from AFR but, the adj. nuts were not included......the 2.200" Jomar units we had in stock at BF Evans Ford were used. Worked great. We'd be glad to help you with any part of your AFR needs.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7019
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Re: AFR BBF Head

Post  bigford632 on March 11th 2018, 9:09 am

Lem Evans wrote:
bigford632 wrote:Lem / Philip,

What adjusting nuts did you guys use for the AFR / Jomar stud girdle on this build? The AFR information online is horrible for these and half of their links are broken!

Thanks,
Butch

The bars came from AFR but, the adj. nuts were not included......the 2.200" Jomar units we had in stock at BF Evans Ford were used. Worked great. We'd be glad to help you with any part of your AFR needs.

Thanks Lem I'll give you guys a call tomorrow much appreciated.

bigford632

Posts : 7
Join date : 2018-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum