BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFR Head topic

+20
BOSS 429
JBR-3
whatbumper
DaveMcLain
DFI429
gt350hr
dfree383
5pointslow
IDT-572
Straubtech
68formalGT
Calypso
D. Sea
Scott Foxwell
QtrWarrior
octanehuffer
rmcomprandy
Mike R
cool40
Lem Evans
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AFR Head topic Empty AFR Head topic

Post  Lem Evans November 7th 2016, 10:37 pm

You guys sure can type a lot. Smile

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

AFR Head topic Empty Re: AFR Head topic

Post  cool40 November 7th 2016, 11:38 pm

Lem Evans wrote:You guys sure can type a lot. Smile
but can they make honey out of horseshit....... Suspect I bet they can't even bake a cake Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R November 7th 2016, 11:47 pm

Can't we all just get along??? Laughing

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 8th 2016, 12:13 am

Mike R wrote: Can't we all just get along??? Laughing

YEA .... certainly   Wink

When advice about actual experiences in a situation is openly given for FREE ... "take it or leave it", don't begin a pissing match over it. scratch

Last edited by rmcomprandy on November 8th 2016, 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  octanehuffer November 8th 2016, 12:18 am

Advised to hire the job to one of 5 people. Got it. Great advise.
octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior November 8th 2016, 5:40 am

octanehuffer wrote:Advised to hire the job to one of 5 people. Got it. Great advise.

As has been stated before, That was no ones intent in that post. You just take it that way...
You were all over the map in parts selection and goals for that motor..
The gentlemen that were commenting probably have probably over 100 years combined experience working on BBF's...
The advice you were given was FREE.. Do what you want with it and quit bitchin'....
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  octanehuffer November 8th 2016, 9:00 am

OK. I switched it around a little by listening to advice. Stock block wasn't going to work. Bought an aftermarket block. Asked another question and based on the advice given, am going with a different head. Advice being given definitely isn't being ignored. If that isn't the intent of a build thread forum, I don't know what is then. Didn't start the thread to question the capabilities of the guy building it for me. I dont care how times a "thread like mine" has been started with poor results. My conclusion probably wont be the same, so dont assume. I have been given several different bores and strokes to use and choose at my discretion. I do not know what stroke best suites me. Nor do I know what bore best suits the head I want to use. I certainly COULD tell my builder to choose and just let it be a surprise. I'm not going to call around and bother a bunch of people just so they can drop what their doing and answer a couple of my measley questions. I don't appreciate it, and I'm willing to bet "pros" don't either.
octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell November 8th 2016, 9:04 am

Is this a tech topic? Smile

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell November 8th 2016, 9:14 am

octanehuffer wrote:OK. I switched it around a little by listening to advice. Stock block wasn't going to work. Bought an aftermarket block. Asked another question and based on the advice given, am going with a different head. Advice being given definitely isn't being ignored. If that isn't the intent of a build thread forum, I don't know what is then. Didn't start the thread to question the capabilities of the guy building it for me. I dont care how times a "thread like mine" has been started with poor results. My conclusion probably wont be the same, so dont assume. I have been given several different bores and strokes to use and choose at my discretion. I do not know what stroke best suites me. Nor do I know what bore best suits the head I want to use. I certainly COULD tell my builder to choose and just let it be a surprise. I'm not going to call around and bother a bunch of people just so they can drop what their doing and answer a couple of my measley questions. I don't appreciate it, and I'm willing to bet "pros" don't either.
I still don't understand if your engine builder can't answer these questions...then why are you using him? It's clear you have NO idea what it takes to make 1500#/ft of tq or 2K hp, and I don't say that as a criticism. That's a comprehensive build even for a pro but if your engine builder can't answer the questions and you're left with the "school of opinion" form the internet, I think that's what has people concerned FOR YOU. No one is trying to rain on your parade or just be critical for the fun of it. I think some of us here have seen the signs enough times to know how this USUALLY works out and that's what they're trying to tell you, with all due respect, and no disrespect. You might not think so, but we're on your side. Wink
If you think you and your engine builder got this, that's all that really matters. Thumbs up to you both.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 8th 2016, 9:25 am

Does it have a Radio?
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 8th 2016, 9:45 am

Scott Foxwell wrote:

For me, typing is very technical.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 8th 2016, 9:46 am

octanehuffer wrote:OK. I switched it around a little by listening to advice. Stock block wasn't going to work. Bought an aftermarket block. Asked another question and based on the advice given, am going with a different head. Advice being given definitely isn't being ignored. If that isn't the intent of a build thread forum, I don't know what is then. Didn't start the thread to question the capabilities of the guy building it for me. I dont care how times a "thread like mine" has been started with poor results. My conclusion probably wont be the same, so dont assume. I have been given several different bores and strokes to use and choose at my discretion. I do not know what stroke best suites me. Nor do I know what bore best suits the head I want to use. I certainly COULD tell my builder to choose and just let it be a surprise. I'm not going to call around and bother a bunch of people just so they can drop what their doing and answer a couple of my measley questions. I don't appreciate it, and I'm willing to bet "pros" don't either.

You just can't keep yourself from beginning some kind of altercation ... can you ?

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  octanehuffer November 8th 2016, 9:59 am

I'm not trying to start an altercation as much as I can't get some simple questions answered
octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 8th 2016, 10:03 am

D. Sea wrote:Does it have a Radio?

Does it come in a box?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Calypso November 8th 2016, 10:14 am

Scott Foxwell wrote:

I know more about typing than 2khp boosted builds, but just to type some tech content here.

After the basic blocks are there, how is the heat and cylinder pressure managed with 2k turbo deal?
-Pistons, structure, pin sizing, ring pack placement, ring materials, clearances?
-Valves, materials, sizing, seat widths, clearances to deal with the heat?
-Do you need coatings to extend life of the components?
-How about the rest of the valvetrain all the way to the cam drive with thoses cyl. pressures?
-Cooling system... Ignition..

I'd be interested in this kind of stuff and would like to get a warm and fuzzy feeling that I don't have to worry about them myself.

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell November 8th 2016, 10:33 am

Lem Evans wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:

LOL... Rolling Eyes

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT November 8th 2016, 3:18 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:

If you have any tips I'd appreciate them, my typing hasn't got any better from when I was in high school Wink
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Straubtech November 8th 2016, 3:37 pm

In a build like this you get with one person and follow their advise to the T. In the end if the results don't match the goals you have 1 person to blame and 1 person to hold responsible. You choose your own parts and get advise from 5 people then their are 6 people to blame for failure.

Straubtech

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 November 8th 2016, 10:12 pm

Scott Foxwell wrote:
I still don't understand if your engine builder can't answer these questions...then why are you using him? It's clear you have NO idea what it takes to make 1500#/ft of tq or 2K hp, and I don't say that as a criticism. That's a comprehensive build even for a pro but if your engine builder can't answer the questions and you're left with the "school of opinion" form the internet, I think that's what has people concerned FOR YOU. No one is trying to rain on your parade or just be critical for the fun of it. I think some of us here have seen the signs enough times to know how this USUALLY works out and that's what they're trying to tell you, with all due respect, and no disrespect. You might not think so, but we're on your side. Wink
If you think you and your engine builder got this, that's all that really matters. Thumbs up to you both.

Exactly, If I didn't care, I wouldn't have posted anything. I hate that this pissed you off, and hope all goes well for you.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  octanehuffer November 9th 2016, 5:05 pm

Not pissed one bit. Just disappointed. Off topic.
I spoke with a couple people who had messaged me about the other thread offering actual help and I came to the conclusion of what to do. Ordered a Callies 4.5" crank, Oliver billet rods and Diamond 4.5" pistons. Thank you for those who actually helped! I have ZERO problem helping those who help me. All in all, I got the help I needed and was able to order a bunch of parts. Mission completed. Sad that it went the way it went though.
octanehuffer
octanehuffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Straubtech November 10th 2016, 1:51 pm

octanehuffer wrote:Not pissed one bit. Just disappointed. Off topic.
I spoke with a couple people who had messaged me about the other thread offering actual help and I came to the conclusion of what to do. Ordered a Callies 4.5" crank, Oliver billet rods and Diamond 4.5" pistons. Thank you for those who actually helped! I have ZERO problem helping those who help me. All in all, I got the help I needed and was able to order a bunch of parts. Mission completed. Sad that it went the way it went though.

Is this still a turbo build?

Straubtech

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow November 10th 2016, 2:09 pm

Straubtech wrote:

Is this still a turbo build?

Settled on TFS A460 340cc 87cc heads. Going with an all forged setup with Lunati 4.160 crank tool steel pins, diamond pistons Lunati rods.

wasnt this the previous thread of parts ordered ? alot changing

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by 5pointslow on November 10th 2016, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 November 10th 2016, 2:10 pm

Scott Foxwell wrote:

Im in for 651 hp
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell November 10th 2016, 5:15 pm

4.5" stroke with the turbo build?
Whoever talked you into that didn't do you any favors.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr November 11th 2016, 12:58 pm

Scott Foxwell wrote:
4.5" stroke with the turbo build?
Whoever talked you into that didn't do you any favors.

+1 the 4.500 stroke and 20 psi is a bad choice in this application, IMHO. Good luck with getting a dished piston for less than 9-1 compression. 48cc ( approximate) dish is a challenge.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next