Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  61coon on December 4th 2016, 11:42 pm

Moodyblues wrote:I'll be up with the TN boyz!!!
That's right!! We'll be there!
61coon
61coon

Posts : 1821
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 42
Location : Hillsboro,TN

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  foxbody on December 16th 2016, 11:50 pm

can i get some info on this

foxbody

Posts : 30
Join date : 2016-04-20

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  rmcomprandy on December 17th 2016, 1:55 am

wayney wrote:Crying or Very sad same weekend as NMRA columbus ohio

Oh well, To bad.  I hope you enjoy yourself, those there will simply miss out.

Myself, I get awful tired just watching 200+ Mustangs go down a dragstrip; over and over and over again.

How long is it gonna take before people realize that this is NOT just a race weekend...?
Every year it is an OUTING not to miss ...
all the race vehicles and the great racing is really secondary to just being there.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5430
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  bbf-falcon on December 17th 2016, 2:27 am

I totally agree Randy.This race isn't about how fast you are or how much the payout is.It's about a special group of Ford fanatics that totally enjoy each others company and having a great time . I will be living in S Florida in June,but don't count me out just yet.

bbf-falcon

Posts : 8995
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Jackson, Ohio

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  QtrWarrior on December 17th 2016, 8:28 am

bbf-falcon wrote:I totally agree Randy.This race isn't about how fast you are or how much the payout is.It's about a special group of Ford fanatics that totally enjoy each others company and having a great time . I will be living in S Florida in June,but don't count me out just yet.

Rick, you can ride on up with the GA Boyz !!!
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Posts : 2581
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Bloomingdale, Ga

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  61coon on December 17th 2016, 3:40 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:I totally agree Randy.This race isn't about how fast you are or how much the payout is.It's about a special group of Ford fanatics that totally enjoy each others company and having a great time . I will be living in S Florida in June,but don't count me out just yet.

Rick, you can ride on up with the GA Boyz !!!

With the amount of Apple Pie y'all carry, 'ol Rick would never make it.
61coon
61coon

Posts : 1821
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 42
Location : Hillsboro,TN

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  maverick on December 17th 2016, 8:58 pm

Hey, Red....What's the latest on your Falcon? Ya bringing it back this year?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  QtrWarrior on December 17th 2016, 9:29 pm

61coon wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:I totally agree Randy.This race isn't about how fast you are or how much the payout is.It's about a special group of Ford fanatics that totally enjoy each others company and having a great time . I will be living in S Florida in June,but don't count me out just yet.

Rick, you can ride on up with the GA Boyz !!!

With the amount of Apple Pie y'all carry, 'ol Rick would never make it.

I know nothing of this "Apple Pie" you speak of........ Rolling Eyes Cool
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Posts : 2581
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Bloomingdale, Ga

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  61coon on December 18th 2016, 12:07 am

maverick wrote:Hey, Red....What's the latest on your Falcon?  Ya bringing it back this year?
Not much has changed since the last bash. Changed the cam out and been cleaning up some of the "loose" ends. Weighed the thing finally. 2850# with me in it. A little heavier than what I was hoping. Lol. Running 6.0's at around 114. Not too bad for out of the box, unported Edelbrocks and not really anything special in the build. Converter is a little on the tight side too. Starting to port my A429's in hopes to swap them out soon and hopefully get down to around some 5.7's. After the head swap, I'll make the call on the converter whether or not I need to take it out and have it loosened up a bit.
61coon
61coon

Posts : 1821
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 42
Location : Hillsboro,TN

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  61coon on December 18th 2016, 12:08 am

But yeah Smiley, I'll definitely be bringing it back! Wouldn't miss the Bash for anything!
61coon
61coon

Posts : 1821
Join date : 2009-08-07
Age : 42
Location : Hillsboro,TN

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  maverick on December 18th 2016, 1:29 am

Cool deal.

I'm using a skuzzy old set of home ported clipper heads (with a slightly smaller intake valve). The old pump gas 514 is dragging around almost 300 lbs. less than your deal, with a lot milder build....It's been high 5.70's so I figure your e.t. guess is pretty realistic.

Git'er done and we'll match race next June. I'm looking forward to it...Wes puts together a great weekend.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  biglucky on December 18th 2016, 12:08 pm

And i thought i was the only one running those antique heads.
biglucky
biglucky

Posts : 209
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 62
Location : Shepherdsville, ky

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  maverick on December 18th 2016, 9:48 pm

biglucky wrote:And i thought i was the only one running those antique heads.

I know several guys using 'em around here. Some got them second or third or fourth hand... and don't even know what they are.

No reason for me to switch 'em either...it's just a bracket brawler and it runs like a clock. When I build a bigger deal, I'll use A460's.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 3052
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  69F100 on December 18th 2016, 11:26 pm

I run a second hand set myself from Mike Stevens I well pleased with them.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5190
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 52
Location : Irwinville Ga.

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  wayney on December 19th 2016, 10:20 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
wayney wrote:Crying or Very sad same weekend as NMRA columbus ohio

Oh well, To bad.  I hope you enjoy yourself, those there will simply miss out.

Myself, I get awful tired just watching 200+ Mustangs go down a dragstrip; over and over and over again.

How long is it gonna take before people realize that this is NOT just a race weekend...?
Every year it is an OUTING not to miss ...
all the race vehicles and the great racing is really secondary to just being there.


randy, I understand what you are saying, and that is the only reason i am thinking about going. I am not a fan at all of bracket racing so i would definitely not be going just for the racing. I also have a lot of friends that race NMRA and it's heads up. i am going to play it by ear and see whats going on as it gets closer. are rooms going to be hard to come by?

wayne

wayney

Posts : 177
Join date : 2013-02-19
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  rmcomprandy on December 20th 2016, 10:40 am

wayney wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
wayney wrote:Crying or Very sad same weekend as NMRA columbus ohio

Oh well, To bad.  I hope you enjoy yourself, those there will simply miss out.

Myself, I get awful tired just watching 200+ Mustangs go down a dragstrip; over and over and over again.

How long is it gonna take before people realize that this is NOT just a race weekend...?
Every year it is an OUTING not to miss ...
all the race vehicles and the great racing is really secondary to just being there.


randy, I understand what you are saying, and that is the only reason i am thinking about going. I am not a fan at all of bracket racing so i would definitely not be going just for the racing. I also have a lot of friends that race NMRA and it's heads up. i am going to play it by ear and see whats going on as it gets closer. are rooms going to be hard to come by?
wayne

As I said ... I hope you enjoy yourself.

There will be conflicting dates all summer long for one thing or another.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5430
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  Wes Littrell on December 20th 2016, 1:33 pm

wayney wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:
wayney wrote:Crying or Very sad same weekend as NMRA columbus ohio

Oh well, To bad.  I hope you enjoy yourself, those there will simply miss out.

Myself, I get awful tired just watching 200+ Mustangs go down a dragstrip; over and over and over again.

How long is it gonna take before people realize that this is NOT just a race weekend...?
Every year it is an OUTING not to miss ...
all the race vehicles and the great racing is really secondary to just being there.


randy, I understand what you are saying, and that is the only reason i am thinking about going. I am not a fan at all of bracket racing so i would definitely not be going just for the racing. I also have a lot of friends that race NMRA and it's heads up. i am going to play it by ear and see whats going on as it gets closer. are rooms going to be hard to come by?

wayne

There's only one motel in town, but there are some about 30 or so minutes away. Rooms shouldn't be a problem. Also we will probably be running a heads up race after all. Just have to get the details worked out. Hopefully know more after the first of the year.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Posts : 634
Join date : 2008-12-16
Age : 47
Location : Mid Mo

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Race format

Post  dr's wife racing on January 19th 2017, 10:59 am

Wes is the race set up planned to be about the same as it was last yr. ? As far as H/U, bracket, play time ect..
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1655
Join date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  jasonf on January 21st 2017, 10:41 am

Wes Littrell wrote:

There's only one motel in town, but there are some about 30 or so minutes away. Rooms shouldn't be a problem. Also we will probably be running a heads up race after all. Just have to get the details worked out. Hopefully know more after the first of the year.

Can you stay at the track? Last time I went it was only 1 day.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 50
Location : Lafayette, LA

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  QtrWarrior on January 21st 2017, 1:12 pm

Yes, we have camped at the track the past 2 years..
But, there are no hook-ups...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Posts : 2581
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 60
Location : Bloomingdale, Ga

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  jasonf on January 21st 2017, 4:11 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Yes, we have camped at the track the past 2 years..
But, there are no hook-ups...

Good. We are going to make another attempt at going this year.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2920
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 50
Location : Lafayette, LA

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  Lem Evans on January 21st 2017, 7:32 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Yes, we have camped at the track the past 2 years..
But, there are no hook-ups...

Maybe Charlie will bring some of his 'hook-ups' with him.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7290
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  Wes Littrell on January 21st 2017, 10:31 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Wes is the race set up planned to be about the same as it was last yr. ? As far as H/U, bracket, play time ect..

Bracket race will be the same. I'm going to get with Phillip on the heads up. I wou say if it happens it will be run the same.
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Posts : 634
Join date : 2008-12-16
Age : 47
Location : Mid Mo

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  Wes Littrell on January 21st 2017, 10:31 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
QtrWarrior wrote:Yes, we have camped at the track the past 2 years..
But, there are no hook-ups...

Maybe Charlie will bring some of his 'hook-ups' with him.


Scary
Wes Littrell
Wes Littrell

Posts : 634
Join date : 2008-12-16
Age : 47
Location : Mid Mo

Back to top Go down

Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ford race at US60 June 9-10 2017

Post  Moodyblues on February 9th 2017, 10:16 pm

Wes we ought to do a street outlaws at the bash this year. We can call it the 385!!!!
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Posts : 1168
Join date : 2009-08-19
Age : 59
Location : Jasper, TN

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum