BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NKB CYLINDER HEADS - ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM?

+2
IDT-572
Wayne Pearce
6 posters

Go down

NKB CYLINDER HEADS - ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM? Empty NKB CYLINDER HEADS - ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM?

Post  Wayne Pearce December 7th 2016, 5:18 pm

Hey Guy's:
A good buddy of mine called to say he found a "great deal" on aluminum 64 cc heads for his 350 Chevy (yeah, I know). These heads are made by "NKB", I've never heard of them, and at $600.00 a set, I suspect they're an off shore product from probably China. Does anybody know anything about them, origin, quality, etc.??

Thanks in advance
Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

NKB CYLINDER HEADS - ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM? Empty Re: NKB CYLINDER HEADS - ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM?

Post  IDT-572 December 9th 2016, 6:04 pm

Skip White, kings port tn.

I'm think they are Procomps with ,(if his site is correct) Comp cams components.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

NKB CYLINDER HEADS - ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM? Empty Re: NKB CYLINDER HEADS - ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM?

Post  Curt December 11th 2016, 2:12 pm

Wayne Pearce wrote:Hey Guy's:
    A good buddy of mine called to say he found a "great deal" I've never heard of them, and at $600.00 a set, I suspect

That is why they are not a "great deal".
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell December 12th 2016, 10:19 am

Run, run fast in the opposite direction. If you want to just throw money away, I'll give you my address. Wink

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 12th 2016, 10:37 am

Sounds like you may live close................ Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

And know the scoop on this deal Very Happy
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce December 12th 2016, 12:42 pm

Hey, Scott:
Can you give any specific details, or first hand knowledge about these heads? I'm trying to convince my friend that "you only get what you pay for - if you're lucky".

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell December 12th 2016, 4:47 pm

Wayne Pearce wrote:Hey, Scott:
  Can you give any specific details, or first hand knowledge about these heads?  I'm trying to convince my friend that "you only get what you pay for - if you're lucky".

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce
Wayne, the only thing you really need to know is that SW is selling them. Not 100% sure where the heads come from or who's they are. My guess would be Pro Comp, but like I said...
I'll see what I can find out.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell December 12th 2016, 4:59 pm

Scott Foxwell wrote:
Wayne Pearce wrote:Hey, Scott:
  Can you give any specific details, or first hand knowledge about these heads?  I'm trying to convince my friend that "you only get what you pay for - if you're lucky".

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce
Wayne, the only thing you really need to know is that SW is selling them. Not 100% sure where the heads come from or who's they are. My guess would be Pro Comp, but like I said...
I'll see what I can find out.

China product, not Pro Comp, not ProMaxx. Seems like they've been around for a while with mixed reviews. I'd have to see one in person to really know for sure.
Buyer beware...about all I can say.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce December 12th 2016, 6:24 pm

Is Skip White somebody that one should avoid doing business with, bad rep, or am I reading something between the lines that isn't there?

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell December 12th 2016, 6:48 pm

Wayne Pearce wrote:Is Skip White somebody that one should avoid doing business with, bad rep, or am I reading something between the lines that isn't there?

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce
No, you're reading that loud and clear.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino December 13th 2016, 2:43 am

A friend who is a hardcore Chevy guy wanted to order a motor from SW....we were checking out the 434 ci small block Chevy combos and these things were made up entirely of Chinese parts....ProComp block, CAT crank & rods, some off brand pistons I never heard of.....almost everything! and this is just a shortblock, and it was nearly $7500 just for that.

We decided against it, and went with Shaffiroff Racing for a 434 shortblock which consisted of a Dart block, Callies crank (which I understand is China too, but heat treated and final machined here for better quality than CAT), Manley rods, Ross pistons, and a Comp Cams roller cam, all balanced and degreed for $6600.

Now he just needs the right heads and top end to complete it.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 13th 2016, 10:16 am

BBFTorino wrote:A friend who is a hardcore Chevy guy wanted to order a motor from SW....we were checking out the 434 ci small block Chevy combos and these things were made up entirely of Chinese parts....ProComp block, CAT crank & rods, some off brand pistons I never heard of.....almost everything! and this is just a shortblock, and it was nearly $7500 just for that.

We decided against it, and went with Shaffiroff Racing for a 434 shortblock which consisted of a Dart block, Callies crank (which I understand is China too, but heat treated and final machined here for better quality than CAT), Manley rods, Ross pistons, and a Comp Cams roller cam, all balanced and degreed for $6600.

That was a no brainer.............. I wonder how much profit he was going to make off the Chinese crap short block if the other one was 900 less............... Evil or Very Mad
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell December 13th 2016, 1:17 pm

IDT-572 wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:A friend who is a hardcore Chevy guy wanted to order a motor from SW....we were checking out the 434 ci small block Chevy combos and these things were made up entirely of Chinese parts....ProComp block, CAT crank & rods, some off brand pistons I never heard of.....almost everything! and this is just a shortblock, and it was nearly $7500 just for that.

That was a no brainer.............. I wonder how much profit he was going to make off the Chinese crap short block if the other one was 900 less............... Evil or Very Mad
Trust me...if SW was using the very best parts, you wouldn't want one of his engines. I've been in his shop. I've seen his assembly room. I've seen what goes on there. No bueno.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Blair December 14th 2016, 8:37 am

We need Trump-O-Jets made in the USA by American workers. Bring the jobs back here. Wink
Gary Blair
Gary Blair

Back to top Go down

Post  Wayne Pearce December 14th 2016, 9:09 am

Thank you, guys for all your input. I've relayed all your comments, and it did no good, he went ahead, and ordered them anyway! I guess this what separates Ford guys, from Chevy guys - we tried. I want to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wayne (SAWDOFF) Pearce

Wayne Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt December 22nd 2016, 5:32 pm

“There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and he who considers price only is that man's lawful prey.”   John Ruskin
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down