BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more pro-mods in street racing?

+13
QtrWarrior
BigBlockRanger
HorsinAround
dfree383
GT300TD
Frank Merkl
rmcomprandy
jbozzelle
68formalGT
FalconEh
IDT-572
Carl
cool40
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

No more pro-mods in street racing? - Page 2 Empty Re: No more pro-mods in street racing?

Post  dfree383 January 6th 2017, 7:25 am

Who in the hell builds a twin turbo promod...... And uses a cheap Canton wet sump street pan.... Then wonders why it wastes bearings???
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

No more pro-mods in street racing? - Page 2 Empty Re: No more pro-mods in street racing?

Post  QtrWarrior January 6th 2017, 12:26 pm

dfree383 wrote:It's not changing what I drive.... I'll put this in the 86 file.

Fixt it for ya !! Laughing
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 6th 2017, 12:34 pm

HorsinAround wrote:
Frank Merkl wrote:it's just a really Loud Street car!! LOL
Frank

LOUD PIPES SAVES LIVES

Especially on motorcycles.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick January 7th 2017, 7:32 pm

cool40 wrote:I don't know about most people but I don't let a fk'n reality tv show influence my life. Rolling Eyes

A perfect oxymoron....."reality TV".
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy January 7th 2017, 8:22 pm

In my opinion, the cars in Drag Week are the ultimate Street Cars.

It amazes me what some of those guys with 8 second and quicker can do with their machines.

As far as the cars on S.O., they are entertainment cars.
Now, if the S.O. guys ran their machines in Drag Week, ( and completed) then  that would be impressive as "street racers".

JMO
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 8th 2017, 1:53 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:In my opinion, the cars in Drag Week are the ultimate Street Cars.

It amazes me what some of those guys with 8 second and quicker can do with their machines.

Now, if the S.O. guys ran their machines in Drag Week, ( and completed) then  that would be impressive as "street racers".

JMO

You should have seen the car that Mike Moran had at the Woodward Dream Cruise, "Roadkill Nights" legal street drag races last August on the totally un-prepped road; (since it IS a regularly driven street). Round robin drag racing with 3 runs back to back to back down the marked-off 1/8 mile.

A 3,800 pound 1969 Dodge Charger, (cruiser), full steel body car completely stock inside and out other than the power train and suspension. He took home the $10,000.00 winners share and spun the tires the entire run on all three ... all about controlling the rear wheel speed driving it off the line and using an educated right foot the whole time. (Pedaling it ... as they say).
It had Garret turbos, , a Big Stuff 3 "EFI system", a Turbo 400 trans and 3.54/1 rear gears with about 2,200 horsepower at the flywheel.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 8th 2017, 5:16 am

rmcomprandy wrote:... all about controlling the rear wheel speed driving it off the line and using an educated right foot the whole time. (Pedaling it ... as they say)

My guess is a Davis traction control box & boost/ignition controllers also played a decent part vs it being 100% educated right foot.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 8th 2017, 11:30 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:... all about controlling the rear wheel speed driving it off the line and using an educated right foot the whole time. (Pedaling it ... as they say)

My guess is a Davis traction control box & boost/ignition controllers also played a decent part vs it being 100% educated right foot.    

MAYBE ... but the tires never stopped spinning.
I was under the impression that traction control would stop the wheel spinning. scratch

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De January 8th 2017, 1:45 pm

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:In my opinion, the cars in Drag Week are the ultimate Street Cars.

JMO

Jeff Lutz did just that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQBAEbgfsgQ

Not that I think running a promod chassis on the street is all that but Hot Rod thinks it is.
The most impressive car that I saw in 2015 was this http://www.bullseyepower.com/blog/?id=66#.WHJ5JVwpmJc in 2015. Its Windsor based and was flawless. It had a quicker average than the big block power adder class.

Drag Week has become a turbo event where heavy bias takes away all other power adders.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 8th 2017, 6:11 pm

Or maybe we have it all wrong and Chief simply cannot pay the note on the car...? He did say on the show that if he ran the Crowmod and wrecked it he'd have to pay for it and he mentioned still being in some sort of debt on the Crow...

Who knows, maybe he is wising up and realizing that there is more to life than spending every penny on a car just to be on some ambiguous "list"...?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 9th 2017, 5:35 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
DILLIGASDAVE wrote:

MAYBE ... but the tires never stopped spinning.
I was under the impression that traction control would stop the wheel spinning. scratch

With the kinda power a lot of turbo cars have these days having them black-tracking X amount the whole way down track is probably preferable to 100% dead-hooking at some point mid track & having the pinion instantly start climbing the ring gear causing a mid track moon-shot powerstand.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2