BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

turbos on a 521 questions...

3 posters

Go down

turbos on a 521 questions... Empty turbos on a 521 questions...

Post  wayney January 5th 2017, 10:30 pm

ok, so i am thinking which way i want to go as far as a power adder . engine is a 521, p51 heads fast efi . currently 10:1cr but will adjust accordingly.

thinking about 2 s475 bw turbos running 10-15lbs . question is .... the turbos use engine oil to lube the bearings. how much oil will it need for the turbos? i would feed it from the back of the block behind the china rail , but i want to make sure that it doesn't starve the engine and create oiling issues for the motor. I am not planning on doing it this winter but looking at next winter .

thanks, wayne

wayney

Back to top Go down

turbos on a 521 questions... Empty Re: turbos on a 521 questions...

Post  BBFTorino January 6th 2017, 1:19 am

Unless you have several feet of oil line to feed the turbos, you will not really need any extra capacity. You would probably already have a pan that holds a little more than stock, and that would be fine.
Between two turbos, you probably would not see any more than a half quart of solid flowing oil to the turbos and back to the engine.
A good flowing oil path is more important...i.e. no kinks or 90* degree bends, and unrestricted oil return to the engine.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  tbirdmike January 9th 2017, 12:55 pm

You might consider feeding the turbos from the oil galley that exits at the front drivers side, just below the water pump hole. This feed is very close to the pump.
The port at the rear of the engine on the top is the very last thing to get oil in the system.

tbirdmike

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney January 9th 2017, 8:52 pm

i was thinking it would be better to supply the engine bearings with oil before the turbos . short block is more costly than the turbos.

tbirdmike wrote:You might consider feeding the turbos from the oil galley that exits at the front drivers side, just below the water pump hole.  This feed is very close to the pump.
The port at the rear of the engine on the top is the very last thing to get oil in the system.

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down