BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New but been around

2 posters

Go down

New but been around Empty New but been around

Post  csdrag January 10th 2017, 10:26 pm

I have been following this forum for a while now but never did an introduction. I have made a living in the performance industry for 20 years now. I have literally lived and breathed it. I spent 14 years racing top fuel and funny cars in NHRA competition. My professional background began with vintage IMSA GT and GTP cars working for a successful Chief Mechanic who won the 1980 IMSA Championship winning 13 races of a 17 race series. I llearned a lot from that old guy. On the personal side I sent my time at the drag strip but it was at my job that I learned how to listen to the car to diagnose what was happening with it. I really am drawn to all aspects of the race car but I gravitated to the fabrication side of things to make a living and started to find work of my own in my fab shop. I kept the mechanical stuff like engines and transmissions to myself for fun instead of turning it into work. During these early years I was able to get a degree in motorsports from a college in Pennsylvania which really opened the door into the performance industry for me.

After a couple years in my own shop I was called by a top fuel team looking for someone to join the team. I took the job and spent the next 14 years at NHRA's highest level. If there is one place to get an education diagnosing broken parts it's in the nitro ranks. Very Happy After a successful career in the nitro racing I went back to my roots and opened a new shop here in Indy. What fun it has been getting back.

I have always raced a 385 Series in my own cars. This forum has been great for getting back into these engines as I begin a new build for a company car. There are some great people on here and I appreciate all of you who responded to my posts to share some of your experiences.

Happy building!!
csdrag
csdrag

Back to top Go down

New but been around Empty Re: New but been around

Post  BBFTorino January 11th 2017, 12:25 am

Great post Brother!! tongue
Man, I only dreamed of being in those shoes. It was my dream to be a professional racer, but it never happened, Im just a bracket racer!!
Oh well, just going down the strip is joyful for me. I realized a long time ago that I'll never make any money from it, so Im just in it for the fun!!Very Happy

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  csdrag January 11th 2017, 1:29 am

BBFTorino wrote:Great post Brother!! tongue
Man, I only dreamed of being in those shoes. It was my dream to be a professional racer, but it never happened, Im just a bracket racer!!
Oh well, just going down the strip is joyful for me. I realized a long time ago that I'll never make any money from it, so Im just in it for the fun!!Very Happy  

Well the best way to become a millionaire racing is start as a billionaire.
csdrag
csdrag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum