BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What headers for fox mustang with BBF

+5
cobra501
Mike R
larry552
dfree383
Mustang
9 posters

Go down

What headers for fox mustang with BBF Empty What headers for fox mustang with BBF

Post  Mustang January 17th 2017, 5:28 pm

Putting a BBF into a fox mustang for the first time. Which headers have you guys used that fit nice (ground clearance and around a c-6 or glide). Looking for 2 1/8" headers. Would like single individual tubes where the flange meets the head. Talked with D&D today and they want $899. Will be using a motor plate, aftermarket k-member, and p-51 heads.

Mustang

Back to top Go down

What headers for fox mustang with BBF Empty Re: What headers for fox mustang with BBF

Post  dfree383 January 17th 2017, 6:35 pm

D&D has about the best shelf stuff you can get.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

What headers for fox mustang with BBF Empty Re: What headers for fox mustang with BBF

Post  larry552 January 17th 2017, 9:21 pm

D&D bro
larry552
larry552

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R January 17th 2017, 9:36 pm

X2

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  cobra501 January 17th 2017, 9:39 pm

ACCUFAB made mine. 2 1/8 primary
cobra501
cobra501

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller January 17th 2017, 10:49 pm

I have MAC headers on mine but they don't make them any longer.Used would be all you would find.FWIW the front 2 tubes on each side are slip tubes.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 20th 2017, 11:04 am

Be advised that any of the headers on the market were designed around a specific k-member, engine location, transmission, ride height, etc... If you can find that info out and it matches your car then you're golden...

I've had a set of Dynatech's (made by Mad Dog Headers) and a set of Kook's on my Fox Body. Both collectors hung way too low for my liking. No way I'd be able to street drive it.

For the $900 bucks you'd spend with D&D you can spend a little more and get a nice custom set built...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bmelton January 20th 2017, 11:49 am

How bad are the Hooker 6224? I have a set that are ceramic coated. I have heard good and bad.
Bmelton
Bmelton

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller January 21st 2017, 12:36 am

Mark Miller wrote:I have MAC headers on mine but they don't make them any longer.Used would be all you would find.FWIW the front 2 tubes on each side are slip tubes.

FWIW the MAC Headers i have,have good ground clearance and i don't think i've ever had them scrape on anything.And that's with 4 cylinder springs on the front,although i do have Aluminum Heads!!!Smile Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller January 21st 2017, 12:38 am

Mark Miller wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:I have MAC headers on mine but they don't make them any longer.Used would be all you would find.FWIW the front 2 tubes on each side are slip tubes.

FWIW the MAC Headers i have,have good ground clearance and i don't think i've ever had them scrape on anything.And that's with 4 cylinder springs on the front,although i do have Aluminum Heads!!!Smile Smile  

Also FWIW all i do is pretty much street drive my car haven't had it to the track in way to long!!!Smile Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

What headers for fox mustang with BBF Empty hooker headers

Post  ED468 February 2nd 2017, 10:14 am

I've been helping on 3 cars with the hooker headers and they perform good on 514 under 800 hp it seems. I used 1 inch body spacers and made my own mounts so engine is level ,not pointing up and that makes ground clearance better, but none had any trouble on the street from too low,

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 5th 2017, 2:06 pm

If you can do some custom fab like k-member spacers and mounts or plates then you'll be fine with just about any of the headers on the market.

I found that the MadDog headers seem to clear the steering the best.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down