BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone heard anything about CK products C4 Billet Drum?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone heard anything about CK products C4 Billet Drum? Empty Anyone heard anything about CK products C4 Billet Drum?

Post  ED468 January 31st 2017, 6:07 am

Friend broke his welded one and plans on buying this one on Ebay, think its the same as Broaders sells. Tranny looked like new inside after 125-150 passes when took apart besides the drum broke. Would of been a 5.80 easily, went to a 11.5 tire and now it hooked once lol. C4s sure don't like going into third gear. Just want to be sure I directed him to a good drum. There's one from canada made too, buts its alot more. $450 is what this one cost. Any experiance about this drum appreciated..,,ED

ED468

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard anything about CK products C4 Billet Drum? Empty Re: Anyone heard anything about CK products C4 Billet Drum?

Post  IDT-572 January 31st 2017, 1:56 pm

If it's over 3000 lb and running 5,80's and dead hooking, he may have problems again. That's a lot to ask of the small components in a C4.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard anything about CK products C4 Billet Drum? Empty Re: Anyone heard anything about CK products C4 Billet Drum?

Post  Gregaust February 2nd 2017, 4:27 am

Not used one YET but they are a nice piece. Let us know how you go .

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard anything about CK products C4 Billet Drum? Empty anything can break at that point

Post  ED468 February 2nd 2017, 9:10 am

Yes the Stator support can break , converter splines , I cracked a direct drum almost in have at the E.T. Hes only foot breaking the 501 right now. Things will get interesting when he finally uses the Brake. My drum mig welded up and the splines on end slightly grooved and welded good lasted with a 1.26 60 ft. The metal is definately different in them I'm saying. 5x5 borgwarners , thick steels have worked out best. He ran metal pump seals and high lived long. My teflon seals all mushroomed and high only lasted 100 or so passes but I was making a hair more power and heavier, stock H servo, rear oil mod, good band , .050 on high clutch pack. Don't see yet anything else needed to upgrade. Watch the gear set go out next lol.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down