BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VR1 20/50 racing oil

+10
Mark Miller
dr's wife racing
jbozzelle
whitefield
maverick
Carl
HorsinAround
Lem Evans
away
14 posters

Go down

VR1 20/50 racing oil Empty VR1 20/50 racing oil

Post  away February 17th 2017, 10:31 am

Auto zone sucks!!!! Autozone is discontinuing the VR1 racing oils from their shelves WTF!!!
away
away

Back to top Go down

VR1 20/50 racing oil Empty Re: VR1 20/50 racing oil

Post  Lem Evans February 17th 2017, 11:41 am

Crazy.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround February 17th 2017, 11:55 am

Check oreilly's. up here they have it in qts and gal
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 17th 2017, 1:37 pm

Both Advanced and Orielly's have it on sale right now.  The girl behind the counter asked if people were drinking it or something because they can't keep it in stock.  $4.95/qt at both places, and Orielly's has 5-quart jugs for $24.95.  I wiped em out and stocked my shelves two days ago.  The 5-quart jugs are great for taking used oil back to the store for recycling.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick February 17th 2017, 3:52 pm

away wrote:Auto zone sucks!!!! Autozone is discontinuing the VR1 racing oils from their shelves WTF!!!

Whether they carry VR1 or not....AutoZone sux anyway.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield February 17th 2017, 4:32 pm

Go to Advance / Carquest. they are cheaper than O'Reilly's and the more you buy the better the price! Very Happy
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 19th 2017, 1:40 pm

I have a "business" account with O'Reilly's since we're in there so often buying stuff. Decent discounts...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing February 19th 2017, 2:10 pm

I went by our local auto zone in Jasper ,Al to buy a set of header bolts. They didn't have them and the clerk said they are discontinuing perf. Parts line all together.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick February 19th 2017, 3:56 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:I went by our local auto zone in Jasper ,Al to buy a set of header bolts. They didn't have them and the clerk said they are discontinuing perf. Parts line all together.

I refer you to post #5. Wink
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround February 20th 2017, 10:54 am

dr's wife racing wrote:I went by our local auto zone in Jasper ,Al to buy a set of header bolts. They didn't have them and the clerk said they are discontinuing perf. Parts line all together.

I worked at both O'Reillys and Autozone to fund my hot rod project and can share this observation. Autozone's focus has always been auto parts. They are not interested in hiperf or big truck parts, but they are better to work for. Some of their hand tools are also good stuff also. O'Reillys carries SOME high perf stuff and will gladly order it from a partner, but are not price competitive or quick. Also their vendor order program sucked compared to autozone. Autozone's vendor order and pricing program was instant, and O'Reilly's had us submitting a request to the customer service dept and that could take up to 24 hours for a response.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller February 21st 2017, 12:40 am

This has nothing to do about oil,but i went to buy new radiator hoses for my 466 in my 89 Mustang years back.I go to Autozone and Advance both places bring the lower radiator hose out.No way and h** they're fitting over the big water pump outlet on my 460!!!I go to O'Reillys they look right in the book[didn't have them in stock]but ordered them and had them next day!!!My question is i don't know how Autozone or Advance would expect those hoses to fit and shouldn't be trying to sell them IMO!!!

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  10.0 February 21st 2017, 4:15 am

Always looked forward to Autozone annual sale on vr1 oil.
This year they closed it all out for $2 a quart, I found about 50 qts, guess that will last a couple years.
If you check with napa, certain times of the year, they have sales on vr1 oil also.

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 22nd 2017, 12:38 am

HorsinAround wrote:

I worked at both O'Reillys and Autozone to fund my hot rod project and can share this observation. Autozone's focus has always been auto parts. They are not interested in hiperf or big truck parts, but they are better to work for. Some of their hand tools are also good stuff also. O'Reillys carries SOME high perf stuff and will gladly order it from a partner, but are not price competitive or quick. Also their vendor order program sucked compared to autozone. Autozone's vendor order and pricing program was instant, and O'Reilly's had us submitting a request to the customer service dept and that could take up to 24 hours for a response.

Not sure if it's a regional thing, or maybe things have changed since you worked there, but Orielly's kills it compared to the others in my area. Especially when it comes to being able to search their inventory on-line. I can also call them, and have parts transferred from other stores to the store closest to me in a matter of hours....no need to run all over town. I've cleaned out the whole town on some sale items by having it all transferred like that. Not a chance I'm getting that service from anyone else.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  old blue February 22nd 2017, 7:13 am

I hate to hear that but i dont mind going somewhere else to pick up my oil, but for parts the quality of service comes from the people behind the counter not the name above the store, just like engine builders, thay all can have the same parts but the builder turning the wrenches will determine what you get.
old blue
old blue

Back to top Go down

Post  HorsinAround February 22nd 2017, 2:42 pm

Carl wrote:
HorsinAround wrote:

Not sure if it's a regional thing, or maybe things have changed since you worked there, but Orielly's kills it compared to the others in my area.  Especially when it comes to being able to search their inventory on-line.  I can also call them, and have parts transferred from other stores to the store closest to me in a matter of hours....no need to run all over town.  I've cleaned out the whole town on some sale items by having it all transferred like that.  Not a chance I'm getting that service from anyone else.

Yep, On parts normally stocked, we did the same thing here. My post above was for high perf stuff and items not normally stocked that would come from the vendor. Another cool thing with OReily is they have a full set of parts manuals. At Autozone, If it can't be found in the computer, they are sol. Commercial has some manuals, but nothing like O'Reilly's
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 24th 2017, 7:03 pm

My Napa store here will beat all those other wanna be parts stores prices on anything they sale, and I can still get a set of points and condenser for a 1950 U Moline from Napa.

And not get that stupid azz look on their face when I ask for it............... Twisted Evil

Trip to Autozone , Counter pro: can I help you sir? Me: Yes, I need a set of Yosimity Sam mud flaps for my 97 ford F250 power stroke.

Counter pro: 2 or 4 wheel drive? What engine 7.5 or 7.3? Auto or straight shift? Color floor mats?

All the questions are asked in broken English, Spanglish I guess it is.

About this time I'm headed out the door ................. Evil or Very Mad

IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl February 24th 2017, 8:25 pm

IDT-572 wrote:My Napa store here will beat all those other wanna be parts stores prices on anything they sale, and I can still get a set of points and condenser for a 1950 U Moline from Napa.

Regional differences again. Here in the "big city" NAPA could care less about the average walk-in customer working on his "vintage" junk. Big commercial accounts seem to be their bread and butter. Smaller towns and rural areas, every NAPA I've been in has been top shelf, and willing to go the extra mile to help a guy out....from giving me cardboard to lay on while changing out a starter behind the building, to machining parts they had in stock to fit so I could get back on the road.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney February 24th 2017, 9:14 pm

yea, you should have seen the look on there face when i was trying to get a serpentine belt for my 71 torino......

me: i need a 32.5 in 6 rib belt
him: whats it going on
me: uhhhh ... 71 ford torino but it wasn't factory......
him: what engine?
me: 429.... but they came with V-belts
him: i show a listing for the belt
me: i need a 32.5 inch 6 rib.... do you know how to look it up by length? look at the last 3 numbers on the belt.......
me : never mind bye

wayne

IDT-572 wrote:My Napa store here will beat all those other wanna be parts stores prices on anything they sale, and I can still get a set of points and condenser for a 1950 U Moline from Napa.

And not get that stupid azz look on their face when I ask for it............... Twisted Evil

Trip to Autozone , Counter pro: can I help you sir? Me: Yes, I need a set of Yosimity Sam mud flaps for my 97 ford F250 power stroke.

Counter pro: 2 or 4 wheel drive?   What engine 7.5 or 7.3?  Auto or straight shift? Color floor mats?  

All the questions are asked in broken English,  Spanglish I guess it is.

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 February 27th 2017, 10:05 am

wayney wrote:yea, you should have seen the look on there face when i was trying to get a serpentine belt for my 71 torino......

me:  i need a 32.5 in 6 rib belt
him: whats it going on
me: uhhhh ... 71 ford torino but it wasn't factory......
him: what engine?
me: 429.... but they came with V-belts
him: i show a listing for the belt
me: i need a 32.5 inch 6 rib.... do you know how to look it up by length?   look at the last 3 numbers on the belt.......
me : never mind bye

wayne

You can ask them for a catalogue and look up the part yourself, I have had to do that several times.........

Counter pro: 2 or 4 wheel drive?   What engine 7.5 or 7.3?  Auto or straight shift? Color floor mats?  

All the questions are asked in broken English,  Spanglish I guess it is.

IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 27th 2017, 11:53 am

Most of the crap has to do with the high turn-over of employees in franchise auto parts stores who don't know much about cars and think the rest of the customers are even less educated than them.

There is a family owned auto parts store I deal with and he will go to almost endless lengths to get you what you want.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down