BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ring part number

5 posters

Go down

Ring part number Empty Ring part number

Post  away February 27th 2017, 2:18 pm

Need part number for rings. 4.3 stroke 6.8 rod .030 over probe forged piston.
away
away

Back to top Go down

Ring part number Empty PN

Post  manofmerc February 28th 2017, 5:38 am

This is what I am using mahle (sealed power)315-0010035.This has a low tension oil ring napier second ring moly top and 1/16 thickness .030 oversize .

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Ring part number Empty Re: Ring part number

Post  away February 28th 2017, 10:18 am

manofmerc wrote:This is what I am using mahle (sealed power)315-0010035.This has a low tension oil ring napier second ring moly top and 1/16 thickness .030 oversize .

Thanks man please refresh my memory apparently I have forgot a lot lol.  What does the low tension oil rings do?  I'm pretty sure that's what I have been running too.  naturally aspirated Alky Injection deal. Also can't find this part number through Jegs.
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 1st 2017, 12:57 am

Call Total Seal and tell them what you need!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Ring part number Empty rings

Post  manofmerc March 1st 2017, 6:19 am

Low tension rings reduce friction and the napier second ring has less friction as well and it is a really good oil scraper .Maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself will chime in on this .Here is that pn again 315-0010035.And a # for mahle 888 255 1942 .

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr March 1st 2017, 11:46 am

A major source of drag ( and "parasitic" horsepower loss) is from piston rings. Oil rings especially. A low drag oil ring has an expander that doesn't create as much drag and frees up some power. "Some" feel this has an effect on oil control in a bad way. The use of a "napier" second ( special undercut for improved oil control) eliminates the potential problem. The result is less rotating friction and more HP.
I would run the above noted ring set for sure.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  away March 2nd 2017, 2:34 pm

Thanks guys
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  away March 9th 2017, 9:39 am

In my search for rings and calling the above number. With alcohol injection naturally aspirated bracket car they recommended a gapless style ring. Have any of you guys ran these rings and what is your opinion of them.

Thanks
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino March 9th 2017, 5:25 pm

I've ran gapless in a turbo application, and that will be the only thing I'll ever run.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 9th 2017, 8:57 pm

away wrote:In  my search for rings and calling the above number.  With alcohol injection naturally aspirated bracket car they recommended a gapless style ring.  Have any of you guys ran these rings and what is your opinion of them.

Thanks
A gaples ring probably won't make any more power but, it will have less oil dilution.

I would never use a gapless 2nd ring, (except on a part throttle grocery getter engine), however, a gapless top does have some merit with alcohol fuel.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  away March 10th 2017, 12:09 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
away wrote:In  my search for rings and calling the above number.  With alcohol injection naturally aspirated bracket car they recommended a gapless style ring.  Have any of you guys ran these rings and what is your opinion of them.

Thanks
A gaples ring probably won't make any more power but, it will have less oil dilution.

I would never use a gapless 2nd ring, (except on a part throttle grocery getter engine), however, a gapless top does have some merit with alcohol fuel.

Thanks
away
away

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum