BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to route radiator hose after AC bracket install

3 posters

Go down

How to route radiator hose after AC bracket install Empty How to route radiator hose after AC bracket install

Post  Andre.servin March 10th 2017, 6:18 pm

I bought the CVF Racing billet AC bracket. After installing it im having trouble figuring out how to route the upper radiator hose.

I was wondering if anyone has also bought this bracket and how they went about routing there upper radiator hose?

***i have purchased an aftermarket radiator (3 row) upper hose outlet is on the passenger side, same as AC***

http://www.cvfracing.com/Ford-Big-Block-AC-Compressor-Bracket-p/460-acbrkt.htm link to bracket

Andre.servin

Back to top Go down

How to route radiator hose after AC bracket install Empty Re: How to route radiator hose after AC bracket install

Post  SLord82 March 11th 2017, 9:41 am

Did you contact them about this?

I contacted them once to ask about hood clearance. Their response was "we don't have a fleet of vehicles to test this on". Well I didn't expect them to have a fleet but they should have tested the setup in real world situations in common Fords that would have a big block.

Just makes you wonder how much thought went into the setup.

Also have you tried a truck thermostat housing? Its angled up more compared to the car versions. That and a flex hose might get you around the AC pump

SLord82

Back to top Go down

How to route radiator hose after AC bracket install Empty Re: How to route radiator hose after AC bracket install

Post  Andre.servin March 14th 2017, 10:21 pm

What I ended up doing was slicing 2 hoses and making them work with connectors. Funny I didn't even think of good clearance! I think I may be okay only because I fabricated my own fiberglass hood, so there is no underhood support braces like a steel hood.

Andre.servin

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf March 15th 2017, 12:39 pm

It's definitely something a guy would not think about till it was in the car and you get that wtf moment.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andre.servin March 15th 2017, 4:06 pm

I got lucky and it cleared! But yes your 100% correct

Andre.servin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down