BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

611 cubic inches of BB Ford brutality...

+18
DILLIGASDAVE
pmrphil
DanE
Gary Blair
windsor
Lem Evans
maverick
AZFairlane
68galaxie
68formalGT
schmitty
Albert Clark
Coupe Devil
Mike R
Double A ron
tbirdmike
t-bird racer
Scott Foxwell
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

611 cubic inches of BB Ford brutality... - Page 2 Empty Re: 611 cubic inches of BB Ford brutality...

Post  Scott Foxwell June 7th 2017, 8:21 am

This is pretty sad.
The last thing I need or care about is a pat on the back. It's a freekin engine. I simply put this up because I just love the sound of a high winding big block and thought everyone else here would too. Purely for entertainment, purely for enjoyment. Not for credit, cudos, pats on the back or atta boys. I put a description in the title for someone who may not have seen the build. For anyone who knew what it was, well so what?
I apologize to those who thought this was some sort of self promotion post...it was nothing of the sort.

Last edited by Scott Foxwell on June 7th 2017, 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

611 cubic inches of BB Ford brutality... - Page 2 Empty Re: 611 cubic inches of BB Ford brutality...

Post  DanE June 7th 2017, 8:24 am

Yes, that 611 does sound ""bad to the bone"" and I interpreted Scott posting that video for us to view and listen to as pride in an accomplishment and sharing it with us. I for one, am glad Scott can and did build a "bad ass Ford" that kicks butt. Thanks to you Scott.

DanE

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell June 7th 2017, 8:25 am

Gary Blair wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:Click on the link, turn it up and enjoy the music!
611 cubic inches of pure naturally aspirated BB Ford brutality.

https://www.facebook.com/susan.pauls.77/videos/1380769755371141/

Scott, YOU'RE making some big power. YOUR 611 Thor sounds bad to the bone.  
lol!

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  pmrphil June 7th 2017, 8:28 am

Well, I hadn't seen it before, and I like it. Sounds killer!! Thanks for posting it.
Phil

pmrphil

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell June 7th 2017, 8:37 am

68galaxie wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:
68galaxie wrote:English lesson:

Your is a possessive : like your car, your engine build, your house, your grasp.

You're is short for you are : you're an asshole, you're a fine person.

https://www.espressoenglish.net/difference-between-your-and-youre/
Yes, exactly. Now go back and re-read.
Good grief.

This wasn't a dig at you.
Sorry...I see that now. Thanks.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell June 7th 2017, 8:39 am

DanE wrote:Yes, that 611 does sound  ""bad to the bone"" and I interpreted Scott posting that video for us to view and listen to as pride in an accomplishment and sharing it with us. I for one, am glad Scott can and did build a "bad ass Ford" that kicks butt. Thanks to you Scott.
Thanks Dan.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE June 8th 2017, 3:51 am

Meh, I don't see what the big deal is. Other people have posted their rides/stuff on this site many/multiple times as well and no one bitched when they did. IMO the truck/engine sounds cool, let him post it.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 June 8th 2017, 8:48 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Meh, I don't see what the big deal is. Other people have posted their rides/stuff on this site many/multiple times as well and no one bitched when they did. IMO the truck/engine sounds cool, let him post it.

That is why some dont post
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie June 8th 2017, 10:16 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Meh, I don't see what the big deal is. Other people have posted their rides/stuff on this site many/multiple times as well and no one bitched when they did. IMO the truck/engine sounds cool, let him post it.

It is a little different when someone who owns said engine/car posts more than once about their "baby".
If all engine builders posted many times in different threads about the same build? Posting once is information
and interesting to Ford aficionados.

This particular post turned to crap when someone objected and then that someone was personally attacked by the over defensive OP.

The particular engine has been posted on here in several different threads:

611 ci Thor Head Build - proven builds
611 CID Thor Headed Engine Build - Engine tech
611 ci, 9000 rpm Turn it Up - engine tech

and once again in this thread.

4 threads about the same build?

I can see why just one person was annoyed.
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  4604X4 June 8th 2017, 4:12 pm

The internet can hold quite a few posts before it fills up.
4604X4
4604X4

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikejc June 8th 2017, 7:49 pm

What's wrong with minding your business? If you don't want to hear this truck run then move along. It's a BBF site. You could post every run this thing makes if you want. I'd watch it. I know for a fact that there's some cool stuff out there that people don't post because they don't want to hear other people's stupid comments.

Mikejc

Back to top Go down

Post  504T June 9th 2017, 9:03 pm

Well - it thought it was great, if you get some more post them up too, and I'll watch them too. (not to. Very Happy )
504T
504T

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2