BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galaxie Build

+36
Brian_Eyler
Johnny Ray
res0rli9
cool40
Lem Evans
jtsmg
56Tbird
badnotch
512Fairlane
D. Sea
61coon
richter69
ThndrChkn
Nevs
svted
whatbumper
jones
hirock
bbf-falcon
DILLIGASDAVE
'65 T-BOLT
valleydawg
longroofracer
63boxtop
85montess
jbozzelle
dfree383
69F100
bigjohn2007
Mike R
badsnake306
windsor
Mark Miller
meteor545
TravisRice
40 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Galaxie Build - Page 3 Empty Re: Galaxie Build

Post  TravisRice May 29th 2010, 7:34 pm

Thanks for the compliments on the car guys. I know it has been a long drawn out process but it should be nice when I get it finished. Jerry, The swing out kits came from A.R.T. in St.Pete Fla.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 30th 2010, 1:29 pm

Travis I have bought some stuff for my ranger from A.R.T.the cage and some other little things they don't mine answering any ?s you have and don't mine helping after the sale with ?s just good people to deal with in my book. The old gal is looking good Travis

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice May 30th 2010, 5:45 pm

512Fairlane wrote:Looks great Travis. Can't wait to see that one at the Bash next year. I like the anti-roll bar. Was that a kit or did you make that one from scratch. I'd love to have those 5 levers sticking out of my trans tunnel. Looks like a lot of fun.

It is a ART 36" anti roll pro kit. It comes in peices and you have to put most of it together. I just left enough room on mine to get it in where it needed to be. If you look closely to the crossmember that the anti-roll attaches to, I added that when I put the 4 link kit in it probably 3+ years ago. I made it recess into the floor pan so it could be kept as high in the car as possible because the car was going to set so low. I had a plan then, but until I started putting it together for the life of me I could ot remember. Rolling Eyes

On ART answering questions you are right. Corky handles all my orders and questions. When I ordered the Ultra-Pro 4 link kit it came without any paper work or instructions. I called and asked Corky if he could send me some. He told me it did not come with paper work and that it was intended for chassis shops who had done thier own thing with the kit. None the less he hooked me up after a few conversations over 2 days. When he asked the cars wheelbase and tire size, weight and engine / trans combo I told him everything. I finally told him it was a 62 Galaxie....................... he thought that was cool as hell and insisted that I should see this guy's 65 Galaxie 10" tire car that he just bought , BBF and ran through the mufflers on the street. I asked him if the guy's name was Bill Wilson ........he said yes, you know him?? Then I told him it was my old car ad I was building another. Small world.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 30th 2010, 6:13 pm

TravisRice wrote:
512Fairlane wrote:Looks great Travis. Can't wait to see that one at the Bash next year. I like the anti-roll bar. Was that a kit or did you make that one from scratch. I'd love to have those 5 levers sticking out of my trans tunnel. Looks like a lot of fun.

It is a ART 36" anti roll pro kit. It comes in peices and you have to put most of it together. I just left enough room on mine to get it in where it needed to be. If you look closely to the crossmember that the anti-roll attaches to, I added that when I put the 4 link kit in it probably 3+ years ago. I made it recess into the floor pan so it could be kept as high in the car as possible because the car was going to set so low. I had a plan then, but until I started putting it together for the life of me I could ot remember. Rolling Eyes

On ART answering questions you are right. Corky handles all my orders and questions. When I ordered the Ultra-Pro 4 link kit it came without any paper work or instructions. I called and asked Corky if he could send me some. He told me it did not come with paper work and that it was intended for chassis shops who had done thier own thing with the kit. None the less he hooked me up after a few conversations over 2 days. When he asked the cars wheelbase and tire size, weight and engine / trans combo I told him everything. I finally told him it was a 62 Galaxie....................... he thought that was cool as hell and insisted that I should see this guy's 65 Galaxie 10" tire car that he just bought , BBF and ran through the mufflers on the street. I asked him if the guy's name was Bill Wilson ........he said yes, you know him?? Then I told him it was my old car ad I was building another. Small world.

Travis

That's pretty cool Travis. I never realized Corky ended up with the car. Small world indeed! Cool

Last edited by Nevs on May 30th 2010, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Can't spell!)
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice May 30th 2010, 10:15 pm

Nevs wrote:
TravisRice wrote:

Travis

That's pretty cool Travis. I never realized Corky ended up with the car. Small work indeed! Cool

Corky never ended up with the car , Bill got the car off of me, ART is just around the corer from Bills shop / Tubby's Customs. They are all aquaintances. Sorry for the confusion.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird May 31st 2010, 10:45 am

Travis ,your car is off the hook brother!!!! just totally awesome!!! cheers king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jtsmg June 6th 2010, 5:28 am

NICE build going on here

jtsmg

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice June 6th 2010, 1:42 pm

56Tbird wrote:Travis ,your car is off the hook brother!!!! just totally awesome!!! cheers king

Thanks Dan. Anything you need to put the T-bird back together that I would have let me know.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice June 28th 2010, 8:48 pm

XX

Last edited by TravisRice on April 14th 2011, 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 28th 2010, 8:49 pm

cheers

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice June 28th 2010, 8:52 pm

XX

Last edited by TravisRice on April 14th 2011, 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice June 28th 2010, 8:56 pm

XXX

Last edited by TravisRice on April 14th 2011, 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 28th 2010, 9:16 pm

Love the Swiss Cheese !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 28th 2010, 10:24 pm

looks good Travis Smile nice work!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 June 29th 2010, 12:36 am

Looks good , I wont a ride in the back seat Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane July 1st 2010, 10:34 pm

I thought my car was big. That back seat looks long enough for me to lay down on. And I'm 6'-6". Looking good. Keep up the good work.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 2nd 2010, 5:46 pm

that dare rear seat looks to be old old old school stuff right dare from back in the horse and buggy days lol!
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 July 2nd 2010, 9:48 pm

69F100 wrote:that dare rear seat looks to be old old old school stuff right dare from back in the horse and buggy days lol!

Yea but those buggy's didnt have a horse pulling them like dis one cheers Cool

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice July 4th 2010, 7:52 am

Thanks for the compliments guys. Heading out to work on it some more before our cookout today. getting ready to spend some big $$$$$ on all the interior in the up coming week as well as going to order all new glass for it too. I was goinng to run Lexan Margaurd, but since have changed my mind back to the original glass. The Margaurd was going to run me about $900 for (2) sheets of 4X8 in which I was going to make the winndshield and backglass out of 1/4" which is really a minute saving for weight but I did not want to have center supports in the windsheild to keep it from pushing in either. I was goinng to use 3/16 for the side glass so the front windows could still fit in its stainless frame and roll up and down. So I am scratching that idea in favor of new regular glass and maybe a power window kit for the fronts. I think they would be nice when I am in the staging lanes buckled up instead of having someone prop the doors open.

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Ray July 4th 2010, 11:56 pm

Beautiful car Travis! Very Happy

Cool
Johnny Ray
Johnny Ray

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian_Eyler July 6th 2010, 9:51 am

Looking good, Travis.

Brian_Eyler

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon July 6th 2010, 11:08 pm

Looking good Travis. Can't wait to see the interior in.---RED
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 8th 2010, 11:31 am

Travis,your doing great work. I can't wait to hear you row the gears.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice July 8th 2010, 9:49 pm

Thanks to all the guys on here who have complimented and even given me some ideas. This is one of those projects that you want to do one time and one time only, so for that I am taking my good ole time. Each time I go to a race somewhere, be it local or elsewhere, I see something I want to implement to the Galaxie. Keep the input coming.I think I have a paint scheme that will be over the top yet well suited for the 60's era..........I really want the car to appear factory yet have some killer details that will set it apart from the others. I'll let you know more as we get closer to buttoning this thing up.

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  badnotch August 7th 2010, 5:12 pm

travis where did you get them valve covers ? i want a set
badnotch
badnotch

http://www.gnlmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down