C6 leaking....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

C6 leaking....

Post  racinghabbit on September 28th 2017, 4:01 pm

I have a built up c6 in a mud truck. when its running transmission fluid pours out of the bell housing. I did pull the motor and change the seal. used a different brand. made sure the edge converter was not worn, test fit on shaft was great... put all back together and the problem is the same. Did not even slow down with a brand new seal.. I ran it a few more races and by the last race it went threw 3 qt on 4 200 ft passes
racinghabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: C6 leaking....

Post  aquartlow on September 28th 2017, 6:10 pm

Could be case to pump seal/gasket, possibly servo pin welch plug, just a thought.
aquartlow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  manofmerc on October 2nd 2017, 5:16 am

If you are sure it is coming from the convertor the next time you have it apart check the diameter with a micrometer.I had a similar situation once with a rebuild GER convertor . After several different seals and it still POURED fluid I borrowed a mic.from my job.Come to find it was .020 smaller than the stock convertor I had removed .If that isn't the case go on and put a pump gasket new o ring and while it is apart check the bushing for the convertor .Are the pump bolts tight ?Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pmrphil on October 2nd 2017, 8:02 am

I had a leak (or I thought) in my trans, turned out to be a pinhole in the weld on the converter, older TCI. They found it, I couldn't.

pmrphil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  racinghabbit on October 9th 2017, 9:50 pm

When i get it out i'll see what i can find... Thanks
racinghabbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum