New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Go down

New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  jones on December 14th 2009, 4:25 pm

This has to be a joke, I couldn't imagine a drag car with this much weight out infront of the front wheels. Now I could see where the truck and tractor pullers would love it!


sam92lx wrote:When I came over to the Procharger booth first thing Thursday morning, I thought this was some kind of cruel joke. A supercharger the size of a trash can attached to the front of a big block Chevy, and it is nearly half the size of the engine itself. This is the new Procharger F4 supercharger and it even requires a minimum of 900 naturally aspirated horsepower to make it work.







This blower is a gear drive only type system that is designed to make 3200+ horsepower, 45 psi, and flow over a hurricane-like 5400 cfm. The gear drive system on this blower is the same unit you will find on the F3. This is a limited production piece (obviously) and is designed for extreme drag racing. We heard that this blower was going to be tested soon, but no name was released. The one hint we had was “A previous NMCA Pro Street Champion”, which immediately leads us to think Mark Mickie.







You can barely see the engine behind the blower!!



"It's hard to believe that engine builders and racers are looking for even higher power levels and increased blower efficiencies than the F-3 models already deliver," says Jim Summers, Motorsports Director at ProCharger. "The F-3 has proven capable of 2,000 horsepower on pump gas and 3,000 horsepower on an engine specifically designed for use with a supercharger and running alcohol fuels."

Make sure your cat isn’t walking buy when you fire it for the first time, it might just suck it in.

NEW ProCharger F-4 Supercharger: specifications

Volute Diameter: 16-inches

Max HP: 3,200+ HP

Base NA HP: 900-1,400 HP

Max Flow: 5,400 CFM

Max Boost: 45 PSI

Inlet Hose Dia: 7-inches

Inducer Dia: 6.32-inches

Exducer Dia: 8.89-inches

Outlet Hose Dia: 5-inches

Outlet ID: 4.26-inches

Max Impeller RPM: 55,000 RPM

Internal Step-Up Ratio: 5.63:1

Reverse Rotation Available: Yes

Self-Contained: Yes

Oil Capacity: 4 ounces (larger capacity available for extended run-time applications)



For comparison: ProCharger F-3R-139 Supercharger specifications:

Volute Diameter: 12-inches

Max HP: 2,700+ HP

Base NA HP: 700-1,000 HP

Max Flow: 4,000 CFM

Max Boost: 45 PSI

Inlet Hose Dia: 6-inches

Inducer Dia: 5.47-inches

Exducer Dia: 7.20-inches

Outlet Hose Dia: 4-inches

Outlet ID: 3.59-inches

Max Impeller RPM: 62,500 RPM

Internal Step-Up Ratio: 5.63:1

Reverse Rotation Available: Yes

Self-Contained: Yes

Oil Capacity: 4 ounces








jones

Posts : 2212
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Philadelphia, MS.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  69F100 on December 14th 2009, 10:18 pm

with that thing it would be like the girl standing in front of the car and the guy revs it up and it suckes her in all you would have to do is be walking by with someone reving the motor and be sucked in but by the looks of that thing
avatar
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 5126
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 51
Location : Irwinville Ga.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  richter69 on December 14th 2009, 10:42 pm

So I guess the thing hangs in front of the bumper????? Wonder how much that thing weighs?????
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  bruno on December 15th 2009, 10:43 am

i heard the just the charger weighs 75 lbs ....... time to cut the firewall out Cool
avatar
bruno
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10574
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 45
Location : MILLBROOK , AL.

View user profile http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  jones on December 15th 2009, 11:29 am

I would have guessed closer to 100lbs. Seriously though, how are you suppose to fit that thing in a NMRA, NMCA, ORSCA car when the rules require the firewall in the factory location. I can only see this going in a ADRL Pro-mod or something.

jones

Posts : 2212
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Philadelphia, MS.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  D. Sea on December 15th 2009, 1:19 pm

OMG that thing is HUGE! I agree Josh, I don't see how that could fit in a door car...
avatar
D. Sea

Posts : 2756
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 49
Location : Kentucky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  Northwest outlaw on December 15th 2009, 2:14 pm












Thats a f2 the new one is only a little bigger tons of room Twisted Evil
avatar
Northwest outlaw

Posts : 962
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 42
Location : Pinehurst Idaho

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  richter69 on December 15th 2009, 2:18 pm

jones wrote:I would have guessed closer to 100lbs. Seriously though, how are you suppose to fit that thing in a NMRA, NMCA, ORSCA car when the rules require the firewall in the factory location. I can only see this going in a ADRL Pro-mod or something.


smallblock...............
avatar
richter69

Posts : 13645
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 47
Location : In the winners circle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  jones on December 15th 2009, 3:36 pm

richter69 wrote:
jones wrote:I would have guessed closer to 100lbs. Seriously though, how are you suppose to fit that thing in a NMRA, NMCA, ORSCA car when the rules require the firewall in the factory location. I can only see this going in a ADRL Pro-mod or something.


smallblock...............

That would have to be one serious small block to move over 5,000cfm! I can see it now, a F4 Procharger with a Boss 302 attached to it. You would mount the F4 to the chassis and hang the 302 off of the supercharger!

jones

Posts : 2212
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Philadelphia, MS.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  badnotch on January 24th 2010, 10:47 am

WITH THE F-4 AND GEAR CHARGER YOU ARE TALKING 140 POUNDS AND THE CHARGER TAKES 500 HP TO RUN cheers
avatar
badnotch

Posts : 514
Join date : 2009-08-16
Age : 49
Location : akron-ohio

View user profile http://www.gnlmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  RTCTTFMF! on January 25th 2010, 1:24 pm

We are on the list to get one and test it on a "BIG" Ford engine. At the time of the show Procharger didn't spin it yet and get real world numbers. As soon as something happens I'll let you guys know. Funny thing is alot of people talk about all of the weight and its size-yet if it's more efficient than a roots type "heatmaker" it did its job.
Did you ever lift a roots blower!! affraid

RTCTTFMF!

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-08-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  jones on January 25th 2010, 1:34 pm

I would figure since the roots blower is on top of the engine most folks don't think about the weight. Where the first thing that grabs your attention with the F4 and Gear drive is how much further foward the weight is. I know weight isn't everything because I have heard that some cars have to add weight in the front. Let us know when you get more info!

jones

Posts : 2212
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Philadelphia, MS.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  gordyd4 on January 24th 2014, 3:40 am

jones wrote:This has to be a joke, I couldn't imagine a drag car with this much weight out infront of the front wheels. Now I could see where the truck and tractor pullers would love it!


sam92lx wrote:When I came over to the Procharger booth first thing Thursday morning, I thought this was some kind of cruel joke. A supercharger the size of a trash can attached to the front of a big block Chevy, and it is nearly half the size of the engine itself. This is the new Procharger F4 supercharger and it even requires a minimum of 900 naturally aspirated horsepower to make it work.






This blower is a gear drive only type system that is designed to make 3200+ horsepower, 45 psi, and flow over a hurricane-like 5400 cfm. The gear drive system on this blower is the same unit you will find on the F3. This is a limited production piece (obviously) and is designed for extreme drag racing. We heard that this blower was going to be tested soon, but no name was released. The one hint we had was “A previous NMCA Pro Street Champion”, which immediately leads us to think Mark Mickie.







You can barely see the engine behind the blower!!



"It's hard to believe that engine builders and racers are looking for even higher power levels and increased blower efficiencies than the F-3 models already deliver," says Jim Summers, Motorsports Director at ProCharger. "The F-3 has proven capable of 2,000 horsepower on pump gas and 3,000 horsepower on an engine specifically designed for use with a supercharger and running alcohol fuels."

Make sure your cat isn’t walking buy when you fire it for the first time, it might just suck it in.

NEW ProCharger F-4 Supercharger: specifications

Volute Diameter: 16-inches

Max HP: 3,200+ HP

Base NA HP: 900-1,400 HP

Max Flow: 5,400 CFM

Max Boost: 45 PSI

Inlet Hose Dia: 7-inches

Inducer Dia: 6.32-inches

Exducer Dia: 8.89-inches

Outlet Hose Dia: 5-inches

Outlet ID: 4.26-inches

Max Impeller RPM: 55,000 RPM

Internal Step-Up Ratio: 5.63:1

Reverse Rotation Available: Yes

Self-Contained: Yes

Oil Capacity: 4 ounces (larger capacity available for extended run-time applications)



For comparison: ProCharger F-3R-139 Supercharger specifications:

Volute Diameter: 12-inches

Max HP: 2,700+ HP

Base NA HP: 700-1,000 HP

Max Flow: 4,000 CFM

Max Boost: 45 PSI

Inlet Hose Dia: 6-inches

Inducer Dia: 5.47-inches

Exducer Dia: 7.20-inches

Outlet Hose Dia: 4-inches

Outlet ID: 3.59-inches

Max Impeller RPM: 62,500 RPM

Internal Step-Up Ratio: 5.63:1

Reverse Rotation Available: Yes

Self-Contained: Yes

Oil Capacity: 4 ounces














Want one cheers 

gordyd4

Posts : 142
Join date : 2010-09-20
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  95 COBRA on January 28th 2014, 12:30 pm

By the sound of what you want to do, you could use something bigger that a 136, I for one am glad a few of you guys are trying to do a 136 or bigger Pro Charger deal. Good luck with your build!

95 COBRA

Posts : 64
Join date : 2012-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New F4 Procharger at the PRI show

Post  gordyd4 on January 31st 2014, 4:13 am

I would buy one. I'm gonna build a 650" Hemi and that f4 would be perfect.
Dam if I would of known they were coming out with this I would of kept my 812" Hemi and stuffed one of these on it.

gordyd4

Posts : 142
Join date : 2010-09-20
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum