BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Servo modulator valve

4 posters

Go down

Servo modulator valve Empty Servo modulator valve

Post  rmk57 December 10th 2017, 6:05 pm

I'm installing a Transgo shift kit into my c6. Going by the instructions there supposed a spring in front of the new servo modulator valve. Mine didn't have one but the instructions say to reuse the original spring.
So I guess my question is do I need to replace it with another spring?

I noticed that some of the other brand shift kits use a plug or spacer in place of a spring for that valve.

rmk57

Back to top Go down

Servo modulator valve Empty Re: Servo modulator valve

Post  Gregaust December 11th 2017, 4:27 am

You will need a spring or some sort of spacer there to hold that valve inwards and prevent movement. As long as the end plate fits right in
The transgo kits should have the special valve that is just a spool (original has a hole in the centre)

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  rmk57 December 11th 2017, 1:16 pm

I found a picture of the valves laid out with all the springs which gave their dimensions. Came in quite handy. I used one a spring from my collection that came the closest to the original one and will try it.

One thing I will say is you and aquartlow know a fair amount about these c6's and have been big help, thanks!

Randy

rmk57

Back to top Go down

Post  gt350hr December 11th 2017, 4:56 pm

Greg has been a great help to me too. No ego , just straight forward help from a pro. Thanks from me too Greg!

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  aquartlow December 11th 2017, 7:39 pm

rmk57 wrote:I found a picture of the valves laid out with all the springs which gave their dimensions. Came in quite handy. I used one a spring from my collection that came the closest to the original one and will try it.

One thing I will say is you and aquartlow know a fair amount about these c6's and have been big help, thanks!

Randy

I appreciate the kudos, but undeserved by me. Greg deserves ALL the credit. He has helped me more times than I can count with recommendations, pictures or posting hard to find info that allows an easier understanding of a particular part and/or how it interacts with other internal parts of a C6. Greg's replies are always worthwhile reading, glad he is here to help the C6 crowd
aquartlow
aquartlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust December 12th 2017, 6:26 am

Thanks guys , much appreciated . I always try to help out where I can. We must also credit Frank. Cool Cool
The more we all share the more we learn Smile

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  aquartlow December 13th 2017, 5:48 pm

Gregaust wrote:Thanks guys , much appreciated . I always try to help out where I can.  We must also credit Frank. Cool Cool
The more we all share the more we learn Smile

X2^. Many thanks go out to Frank, he has helped me a number of times with my C6 inquiries. I never intended to omit his name from the conversation, his postings, replies and/or supplied C6 info are most definitely credit worthy.
aquartlow
aquartlow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down