BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can someone school me?

5 posters

Go down

can someone school me? Empty can someone school me?

Post  Rickytx630 February 9th 2018, 3:25 pm

been thinking for awhile on the new motor build, really wanna get rid of the carbs and go efi, my problem is i know nothing about them or how to tune it, can someone school me and give me the run down on what works or whats needed, 598ci with the boss 9 heads from kaase, throttle stop for the 8.90 and 9.90 classes,

Rickytx630

Back to top Go down

can someone school me? Empty Re: can someone school me?

Post  dfree383 February 9th 2018, 4:20 pm

I’ve been doing a little research, seems Holley has a pretty good package for EFI

But all in it’s pretty $$$ compared to a carb
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Bosskk1786 February 9th 2018, 8:18 pm

Check out the Holley 550-501 kit. Read an article on it it can support what you are building....

Bosskk1786

Back to top Go down

Post  6t6mustang February 11th 2018, 10:51 pm

I like the holley system, especially if you are looking at single injector per cylinder. Updates are free and it is easy to use. Best bang for the buck out there. You can use whatever components you want ( throttle bodies, injectors, sensors, etc..) and program it to run. I would suggest individual coils, you could probably get away with a hp system. Small billet atomizers and msd cam sync would get you going. (Guessing you already have a crank trigger?) Give it a target air fuel and a base spark map. The learn function works well. Within 5-8 passes you should be on point..
6t6mustang
6t6mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  Rickytx630 February 11th 2018, 11:24 pm

[left][/left

thanks for the replys, im going to call holley tomorrow

Rickytx630

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf February 12th 2018, 9:32 am

I have a Holley HPefi on my 460. Holley has a very good forum for tech help and it is typically a lot faster then calling the tech line and waiting for ever. I also have a Holley dealer locally which is the most important thing. I would call and see how far away your local dealers are. The reason I say this is because I have a friend who bought a FAST unit and had problems. He could not find anyone locally to help him with it and ended up taking it off after 9 months.

I used a cam sensor from Price Motorsports but there are a couple other brands out now. I also used junkyard LS coils. I had to make a crank sensor bracket. The trigger wheel comes as a blank and you have to drill the bolt holes. Support for 460's is weak but getting better. You can buy dual sync distributors now if you don't want to go with individual coils. Depending on your end goals you might want to look at the Dominator system as it has a lot more features.

jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down