BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trans yoke question C6

2 posters

Go down

trans yoke question C6 Empty trans yoke question C6

Post  89lx460 April 20th 2018, 11:38 am

I have an 89 mustang with a C6, and noticed the previous owner had the driveshaft built about 2 inches to short. During the process of ordering the next one I drew up the dimensional data of the trans and rear end in the car to see what type of engagement I had in the trans. It was only about 1.5 inch in with the last shaft.

I noticed that even with the new strange billet yoke, it is only 6.02 inches long. I did the math on this, and other brand yokes and Im only see about 2.3 inches of engagement pass the back of the trans. Granted, on my C6 the tailshaft does stick out 1.25" past the seal.

Im just not used to seeing so little yoke engagement, Do they sell a longer yoke, and if so what are your opinions and experiences with it.

i appreciate... btw new to forum so appreciate all help.

89lx460

Back to top Go down

trans yoke question C6 Empty Re: trans yoke question C6

Post  manofmerc April 21st 2018, 4:47 am

All I can say is my two c-6 combos have 1" clearance yoke to seal .My driveshaft man prefers that dimension .That is measured with the car sitting on all four wheels .Are you measuring yours sitting on all four wheels or jacked up?.It seems to me your drive shaft is a bit short . If the car is up in the air the yoke pulls out .Welcome to the forum Doug.

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  manofmerc April 21st 2018, 4:51 am

All I can say is my two c-6 combos have 1" clearance yoke to seal .My driveshaft man prefers that dimension .That is measured with the car sitting on all four wheels .Are you measuring yours sitting on all four wheels or jacked up?.It seems to me your drive shaft is a bit short . If the car is up in the air the yoke pulls out .Welcome to the forum Doug.

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  89lx460 April 21st 2018, 10:38 am

Hey Doug, thanks for the info, I measured it up in the air, but with the suspension loaded, axles on jackstands, and front a arms on jackstands.

89lx460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down