BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front End Travel Limiters

4 posters

Go down

Front End Travel Limiters Empty Front End Travel Limiters

Post  t-bird racer July 3rd 2018, 10:31 am

Front End Travel Limiters <a href=Front End Travel Limiters T%20bird%20Travel_zpsyqsx6iar" />
Front End Travel Limiters <a href=Front End Travel Limiters T%20Bird%20Launch_zpskvbc1pzd" />

So I'm contemplating a set of Travel Limiters.  I have a lot of travel and was wondering if I cut the travel
down, would it help the cars reaction time, and help plant the tires, (no issues hooking).  I do run Top/ and foot
brake the car.  It is much tamer on the F/B with the front tires only coming off the ground 2-3 inches.    I was thinking of a set  of adjustable limiters from innovative racecraft.

I also don't want to upset the hit and blow the tires off, if I'm F/B the car,  or start crashing oil pans and such, on the Brake.   I do not have very much experience with this.

So, any and all comments are welcome.
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Front End Travel Limiters Empty Re: Front End Travel Limiters

Post  DILLIGASDAVE July 4th 2018, 4:11 am

Meh, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. Some cars need a bunch of front end travel, some cars don't need hardly any travel at all, and some cars fall somewhere in the middle.

Best bet IMO is to install the limiters, do some back-to-back testing (don't forget to record the results), and see what happens.

DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  biglucky July 4th 2018, 11:51 am

A set of adjustable struts helped mine a bunch.
biglucky
biglucky

Back to top Go down

Post  ED468 July 5th 2018, 12:49 am

IMO big wheel standers will gain and alot of times footbrake cars don't care so much for it. Good adjustable struts up front , like said is a great tool.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down