Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  lance flake on July 29th 2018, 11:31 pm

Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

lance flake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 on July 30th 2018, 9:44 am

N/A

Last edited by cobrakid8 on July 30th 2018, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

cobrakid8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 on July 30th 2018, 9:45 am

Will try again later, some reason pics won’t come through

cobrakid8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 on July 30th 2018, 11:05 am

lance flake wrote:Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

Good catch, looks to be hitting of the piston going on.

dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 on July 30th 2018, 6:58 pm

lance flake wrote:Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

Good eyes Lance, these Pistons weren't made for these heads, valve relief Is wrong. Sad

cobrakid8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lance flake on July 30th 2018, 8:43 pm

I have seen that same thing before! Had a friend buy a complete 514 with a-460 head years ago with the same problem. Luckily the thing spun a bearing before it killed the valves. Man I hope you can salvage this deal.

lance flake

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller on July 30th 2018, 11:16 pm

cobrakid8 wrote:

Good eyes Lance, these Pistons weren't made for these heads, valve relief Is wrong. Sad

Did the guy you got the engine from actually have any BBF knowledge if so how could you not catch that mistake?

Mark Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 on July 31st 2018, 7:00 am

Mark Miller wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:

Did the guy you got the engine from actually have any BBF knowledge if so how could you not catch that mistake?

Mark, after being blocked after making the trade of the running BBC for this supposedly ready to run BBF, sent him these pics and he said he must have gotten ripped off as it was built by some engine builder in West TN(he couldn’t remember the name) and that he was as shocked as me that it wasn’t ready to run when I got it. Of course nothing was what it was said. Supposedly 565 cubes but it’s 521, carb wasn’t pro system as Patrick has never touched it. In my hurry to get it running for my 17 year old I was stupid to not check this myself and now it’s cost me a lot more than if I had checked it and took my time!

cobrakid8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  norm on July 31st 2018, 8:14 pm

Sounds like the seller owes you some money.
norm

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller on July 31st 2018, 11:24 pm

cobrakid8 wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:

Mark, after being blocked after making the trade of the running BBC for this supposedly ready to run BBF, sent him these pics and he said he must have gotten ripped off as it was built by some engine builder in West TN(he couldn’t remember the name)  and that he was as shocked as me that it wasn’t ready to run when I got it. Of course nothing was what it was said. Supposedly 565 cubes but it’s 521, carb wasn’t pro system as Patrick has never touched it. In my hurry to get it running for my 17 year old I was stupid to not check this myself and now it’s cost me a lot more than if I had checked it and took my time!

That sucks I couldn't do that to someone and feel good about it,but I guess some people do and could care less which really sucks!!! Mad

Mark Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 on August 1st 2018, 8:03 am

Mark Miller wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:

Mark, after being blocked after making the trade of the running BBC for this supposedly ready to run BBF, sent him these pics and he said he must have gotten ripped off as it was built by some engine builder in West TN(he couldn’t remember the name)  and that he was as shocked as me that it wasn’t ready to run when I got it. Of course nothing was what it was said. Supposedly 565 cubes but it’s 521, carb wasn’t pro system as Patrick has never touched it. In my hurry to get it running for my 17 year old I was stupid to not check this myself and now it’s cost me a lot more than if I had checked it and took my time!

That sucks I couldn't do that to someone and feel good about it,but I guess some people do and could care less which really sucks!!! Mad

Me either Mark, not if it was something i knew was wrong. If it was something not known i could understand, but someone had to know something, it cant be as wrong as it was without someone knowing it. Oh well, nothing i can do about it now, just have to move on and figure out my next move, will be a while before i have thousands to try and fix it.

cobrakid8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum