Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  lance flake on July 29th 2018, 11:31 pm

Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

lance flake

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-12-28
Location : union ms

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  cobrakid8 on July 30th 2018, 9:44 am

N/A


Last edited by cobrakid8 on July 30th 2018, 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

cobrakid8

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  cobrakid8 on July 30th 2018, 9:45 am

Will try again later, some reason pics won’t come through

cobrakid8

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  dfree383 on July 30th 2018, 11:05 am

lance flake wrote:Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

Good catch, looks to be hitting of the piston going on.

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14266
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  cobrakid8 on July 30th 2018, 6:58 pm

lance flake wrote:Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

Good eyes Lance, these Pistons weren't made for these heads, valve relief Is wrong. Sad

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1010
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1011
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1012

cobrakid8

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  lance flake on July 30th 2018, 8:43 pm

I have seen that same thing before! Had a friend buy a complete 514 with a-460 head years ago with the same problem. Luckily the thing spun a bearing before it killed the valves. Man I hope you can salvage this deal.

lance flake

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-12-28
Location : union ms

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  Mark Miller on July 30th 2018, 11:16 pm

cobrakid8 wrote:
lance flake wrote:Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

Good eyes Lance, these Pistons weren't made for these heads, valve relief Is wrong. Sad

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1010
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1011
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1012


Did the guy you got the engine from actually have any BBF knowledge if so how could you not catch that mistake?

Mark Miller

Posts : 1477
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  cobrakid8 on July 31st 2018, 7:00 am

Mark Miller wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:
lance flake wrote:Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

Good eyes Lance, these Pistons weren't made for these heads, valve relief Is wrong. Sad

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1010
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1011
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1012


Did the guy you got the engine from actually have any BBF knowledge if so how could you not catch that mistake?

Mark, after being blocked after making the trade of the running BBC for this supposedly ready to run BBF, sent him these pics and he said he must have gotten ripped off as it was built by some engine builder in West TN(he couldn’t remember the name) and that he was as shocked as me that it wasn’t ready to run when I got it. Of course nothing was what it was said. Supposedly 565 cubes but it’s 521, carb wasn’t pro system as Patrick has never touched it. In my hurry to get it running for my 17 year old I was stupid to not check this myself and now it’s cost me a lot more than if I had checked it and took my time!

cobrakid8

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  norm on July 31st 2018, 8:14 pm

Sounds like the seller owes you some money.
norm
norm

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : michigan

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  Mark Miller on July 31st 2018, 11:24 pm

cobrakid8 wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:
lance flake wrote:Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

Good eyes Lance, these Pistons weren't made for these heads, valve relief Is wrong. Sad

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1010
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1011
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1012


Did the guy you got the engine from actually have any BBF knowledge if so how could you not catch that mistake?

Mark, after being blocked after making the trade of the running BBC for this supposedly ready to run BBF, sent him these pics and he said he must have gotten ripped off as it was built by some engine builder in West TN(he couldn’t remember the name)  and that he was as shocked as me that it wasn’t ready to run when I got it. Of course nothing was what it was said. Supposedly 565 cubes but it’s 521, carb wasn’t pro system as Patrick has never touched it. In my hurry to get it running for my 17 year old I was stupid to not check this myself and now it’s cost me a lot more than if I had checked it and took my time!


That sucks I couldn't do that to someone and feel good about it,but I guess some people do and could care less which really sucks!!! Mad

Mark Miller

Posts : 1477
Join date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  cobrakid8 on August 1st 2018, 8:03 am

Mark Miller wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
cobrakid8 wrote:
lance flake wrote:Can you get some pics of non damaged pistons? Looks like it may have standard dove/cj style pistons in it.

Good eyes Lance, these Pistons weren't made for these heads, valve relief Is wrong. Sad

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1010
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1011
Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Img_1012


Did the guy you got the engine from actually have any BBF knowledge if so how could you not catch that mistake?

Mark, after being blocked after making the trade of the running BBC for this supposedly ready to run BBF, sent him these pics and he said he must have gotten ripped off as it was built by some engine builder in West TN(he couldn’t remember the name)  and that he was as shocked as me that it wasn’t ready to run when I got it. Of course nothing was what it was said. Supposedly 565 cubes but it’s 521, carb wasn’t pro system as Patrick has never touched it. In my hurry to get it running for my 17 year old I was stupid to not check this myself and now it’s cost me a lot more than if I had checked it and took my time!


That sucks I couldn't do that to someone and feel good about it,but I guess some people do and could care less which really sucks!!! Mad

Me either Mark, not if it was something i knew was wrong. If it was something not known i could understand, but someone had to know something, it cant be as wrong as it was without someone knowing it. Oh well, nothing i can do about it now, just have to move on and figure out my next move, will be a while before i have thousands to try and fix it.

cobrakid8

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  cobrakid8 on February 12th 2019, 4:13 pm

Well, got a call back, got the one head repaired but seems that it has bent all of the valves in the head. I should have sent these up to Uncle Charlie as the local guys dont have much knowledge of BBF motors. But I got the call to bring the other head to also get checked out completely but he said it seems the valves are 2.40 and 1.94, that seems really big to me and of course from the idiot i got the motor from its supposed to be 2.30 and 1.90 in it. So was those big a valves common in the old sets of FMS A460's? Also Lem I might see if they will give you a call if you have valves that are the right lengths for the A460's seems these guys havent seen any like these before with their lengths. About to scrap it all and get a cheap set of heads and put together a cheaper motor, its only going on a digger anyways.

cobrakid8

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  Lem Evans on February 12th 2019, 5:06 pm

cobrakid8 wrote:Well, got a call back, got the one head repaired but seems that it has bent all of the valves in the head. I should have sent these up to Uncle Charlie as the local guys dont have much knowledge of BBF motors. But I got the call to bring the other head to also get checked out completely but he said it seems the valves are 2.40 and 1.94, that seems really big to me and of course from the idiot i got the motor from its supposed to be 2.30 and 1.90 in it. So was those big a valves common in the old sets of FMS A460's?   Also Lem I might see if they will give you a call if you have valves that are the right lengths for the A460's seems these guys havent seen any like these before with their lengths.  About to scrap it all and get a cheap set of heads and put together a cheaper motor, its only going on a digger anyways.

I'd be glad to help you with the valves.

The heads were not sold complete so people put all kinds of valve sizes in them.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7296
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  Lem Evans on February 12th 2019, 5:31 pm

Also, the head gasket's bore is too small. The fire ring will be hanging into the chamber.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7296
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated*** - Page 2 Empty Re: Can someòne point me in the right direction ***updated***

Post  cobrakid8 on February 12th 2019, 6:25 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Also, the head gasket's bore is too small. The fire ring will be hanging into the chamber.

For ńow it's small steps, I am still trying to get what CC the heads are after getting them back from PAR and sent to my local machine shop as I need a new set of pistons at the least. Would that size of valves 2.40 and 1.94 clear a 4.440 bore or do I need to stick with the 4.470 that the heads were on? I was thinking I have another block and I could save some money getting 4.440 pistons off the shelf compared to 4.470, but after today who knows, about to sell it off and get into something cheaper lol

cobrakid8

Posts : 288
Join date : 2009-10-14
Location : Chattanooga, TN

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum