5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  snuff98 on August 25th 2018, 11:40 am

My T-bird ran 5.50 flat at almost 2900# with a stock block 557 with tfs streets and some epoxy work in the intake side. This was with some not so ideal chassis tuning. My A-head 557 did not impress me nearly as much for the extra money and time spent on the combo.

snuff98

Posts : 167
Join date : 2016-08-04
Age : 48
Location : Hessmer Louisiana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  johndickjr on August 27th 2018, 8:11 am

the current motor I have to use until I get the big motor done is no turd, it ran 6.60s in my fox with 8.5 tires and 100% bone stock factory suspension and I had to be 3200 lbs for that class, it may run close to that 5.90, at 2700 lbs and way better suspension

johndickjr

Posts : 881
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : northeast oklahoma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  jbozzelle on August 27th 2018, 10:14 am

johndickjr wrote:the current motor I have to use until I get the big motor done is no turd, it ran 6.60s in my fox with 8.5 tires and 100% bone stock factory suspension and I had to be 3200 lbs for that class, it may run close to that 5.90, at 2700 lbs and way better suspension

I'd hold off on buying any parts until you see how well what you have runs. Might need less than you think...

jbozzelle

Posts : 3628
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 44
Location : New Orleans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  whitefield on August 27th 2018, 6:11 pm

jbozzelle wrote:
johndickjr wrote:the current motor I have to use until I get the big motor done is no turd, it ran 6.60s in my fox with 8.5 tires and 100% bone stock factory suspension and I had to be 3200 lbs for that class, it may run close to that 5.90, at 2700 lbs and way better suspension

I'd hold off on buying any parts until you see how well what you have runs.  Might need less than you think...

I agree with john^^^^^^
avatar
whitefield

Posts : 2216
Join date : 2009-08-23
Age : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My combo

Post  TOPHER1 on August 28th 2018, 2:51 pm

I have 89 T-Bird that weighs 2640# going down the track.. Square tube frame full cage, 4 link Double adjustable coil overs all 4 corner
Engine is Stock block 4 bolt main with 4.300 scat crank (Adney Brown) 6.800 Eagle rods flat top pistons 4.400 bore (523 CI), Blue Thunder 80cc chamber (Ford Exhaust port 2.250 intake/1.880 exhaust valves) heads setup for .760 roller cam (1.73 rockers) Edelbrock victor intake 4500 dominator ALKY carb (APD) Compression is 10 to 1... Power glide trans with 1.80 gear set FTI 6000-6200 Stall converter, 4.30 gears 33 X 15 X 15 Hoosier slicks
Launch at 4800 1.22 60'
Shift at 6800
Top end 6800
Motor was dynoed 760+ HP @ 6700-6900 RPM I don't remember torque number exactly but 650ish @ 4500-4800 RPM
I currently run 5.62 122MPH (Best has been 5.58 @ 123MPH)... If I was to tighten up the converter to 5600-5800 I would be running 5.50 easily..

My 86 mustang build went 5.80's @ 120 MPH weighing in at 2800# going down the track. 504 CI ALKY injected (rons terminator) eddy heads (95cc) 10 to 1 compression, flat tappet cam 4.10 gears power glide 1.98 first gear 5500-5700 stall 29.5 X 10.5W X 15 Slick (build section other forum page under 86 coupe build)..

TOPHER1

Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-10-23
Age : 49
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  nuclearcobra on September 30th 2018, 8:49 pm

My best all motor pass in my 84 mustang at 2760 lb was a 6.12 so far , and its a 472 flat tappet cam combo , flat top diamond pistons , box stock scj heads , victor intake and hp 950 carb and a C6 trans footbraking.
avatar
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2009-08-16
Location : Delaware Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  IDT-572 on October 1st 2018, 5:19 pm

Wow Shocked I looked on your flicker site and saw probably more than I should have.............
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  nuclearcobra on October 5th 2018, 6:48 pm

IDT-572 wrote:Wow Shocked  I looked on your flicker site and saw probably more than I should have.............
Darn you made panic so i went through my whole Flickr site , Then i realized you weren't talking about me Razz
avatar
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2009-08-16
Location : Delaware Coast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  cool40 on October 5th 2018, 7:34 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:Wow Shocked  I looked on your flicker site and saw probably more than I should have.............
Darn you made panic so i went through my whole Flickr site , Then i realized you weren't talking about me Razz    
lol! lol!
avatar
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 7168
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 47
Location : on the 1/8 mile dyno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  dfree383 on October 6th 2018, 12:57 am

Get a set of these new SR71 Heads
avatar
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14174
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  IDT-572 on October 12th 2018, 3:30 pm

If it's 280 lb with driver and the car hooks, a 466 flat top deal with about any out of the box aluminum head, (possibly bowl blended) single plane Victor, 1050 Dommi, and a good custom roller cam will get you there.

No problem............ My old blue car ran 6.20's at 3200 lb with a set of ported 327 cfm at .600 D2VE's on it.

Yes, your read that right the (D2VE DOOR STOPS) not PI heads.
avatar
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 57
Location : Shelbyville Tn.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 5.50-5.90 1/8 mile motor

Post  rmcomprandy on October 12th 2018, 6:54 pm

IDT-572 wrote:If it's 280 lb with driver and the car hooks, a 466 flat top deal with about any out of the box aluminum head, (possibly bowl blended) single plane Victor, 1050 Dommi, and a good custom roller cam will get you there.  

No problem............ My old blue car ran 6.20's at 3200 lb with a set of ported 327 cfm at .600 D2VE's on it.  

Yes, your read that right the (D2VE DOOR STOPS) not PI heads.

Nothing wrong with those heads which good fuel won't cure ... detonation prone is their ONLY bad issue.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5149
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum