New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  jbozzelle on August 18th 2018, 11:09 pm

Anybody know anything about this?

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news/ford-plant-in-windsor-being-transformed-to-build-new-engine



Rumor all over the internet is that it'll be a pushrod engine. Nicknamed Godzilla. Really scratching my head on that one, but nonetheless it'd be interesting to see what would happen if Ford did release a new pushrod engine...

Rumor mill links below...

https://www.svtperformance.com/forums/threads/big-bore-details-fords-godzilla-7x-v8-engine-plus-a-new-name.1162603/

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1518921-7-0-is-coming.html




Another question... For those that attended the Winter Tech Seminar at Don Bowles' shop. I forget the year. But do you remember that mod engine that was on display? Nicknamed the 777 and had BOSS cast in the valley area? Exactly what engine was that? I can't find any info online about it... I always thought it was a bored and stroked 6.2

jbozzelle

Posts : 3685
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 45
Location : New Orleans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  BBFTorino on August 19th 2018, 3:53 pm

Sounds quite interesting.

BBFTorino

Posts : 740
Join date : 2015-12-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  jasonf on August 20th 2018, 12:28 am

In regards to Bowles 6.2l from the great Lem Evans so you know it has to be true... Wink

http://speedtalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31600
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2890
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 49
Location : Lafayette, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  jbozzelle on August 20th 2018, 6:56 am

True...? Maybe sketchy at best!

That answers my question though. I remember it was touted as the 777. Going to be a crate engine or something like that. Guess it never happened

jbozzelle

Posts : 3685
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 45
Location : New Orleans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Driving Don Bowles' Raptor

Post  DanE on August 20th 2018, 10:49 am

While I was at the Winter Tech Seminar, Don asked me if I would like to drive his Raptor. I drove it for a few miles getting a feel for the truck, and then I turned it loose on a freeway ramp and onto a freeway. My 6.2 Raptor has an aftermarket CAI, Magnaflow duals, and a computer retune.

When I turned Don's Raptor loose on that freeway ramp and onto the freeway, it was obvious that it was not a stock Raptor. I kept the throttle pinned and Don said "let it run, I know the cops around here". For such a big/heavy vehicle, that truck ran hard. That was a memorable experience.

I believe that "777" referred to "7 liters, 700 horsepower, 7000 RPM". I don't know that, just a guess. And it was my guess that Don's Raptor was powered by a "777".

Don's shop was very impressive, as was Don. Thank you

DanE

Posts : 89
Join date : 2010-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  jasonf on August 21st 2018, 6:36 pm

DanE wrote:While I was at the Winter Tech Seminar, Don asked me if I would like to drive his Raptor. I drove it for a few miles getting a feel for the truck, and then I turned it loose on a freeway ramp and onto a freeway.                                 My 6.2 Raptor has an aftermarket CAI, Magnaflow duals, and a computer retune.

When I turned Don's Raptor loose on that freeway ramp and onto the freeway, it was obvious that it was not a stock Raptor. I kept the throttle pinned and Don said  "let it run, I know the cops around here". For such a big/heavy vehicle, that truck ran hard. That was a memorable experience.

I believe that "777" referred to "7 liters, 700 horsepower, 7000 RPM". I don't know that, just a guess. And it was my guess that Don's Raptor was powered by a "777".

Don's shop was very impressive, as was Don. Thank you

So you were the guy tearing around outside the shop then.....
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2890
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 49
Location : Lafayette, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  Lem Evans on September 6th 2018, 9:57 am

It's 7.3L and cam in block.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7247
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

View user profile http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  jbozzelle on September 6th 2018, 10:48 am

V8?

jbozzelle

Posts : 3685
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 45
Location : New Orleans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on September 6th 2018, 11:52 am

83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 991
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 104
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on December 17th 2018, 10:48 pm

The latest as of Dec 17th indicates it will be a 7.3 gasser.

Too bad it wasn't a 7.5 Liter


https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/2020-super-duty-7-3-liter-gas-engine-confirmed/
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 991
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 104
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  Mark Miller on December 18th 2018, 1:15 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:The latest as of Dec 17th indicates it will be a 7.3 gasser.

Too bad it wasn't a 7.5 Liter


https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/2020-super-duty-7-3-liter-gas-engine-confirmed/


Alan thanks for the link and congrats on the Ford Muscle win at the Bowling Green NMRA Race car looks good in the Jan 2019 Fastest Street Car Magazine page 64!!! Smile

Mark Miller

Posts : 1417
Join date : 2009-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  jasonf on December 18th 2018, 8:14 am

A diesel is definitely a luxery but I had to laugh at this comment



You pay $9000 for the 900+ lb ft of torque. Something I bet that 7.3 is nowhere near.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2890
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 49
Location : Lafayette, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  jasonf on December 18th 2018, 8:18 am

A diesel is definitely a luxury but I had to laugh at this comment.

“If you read the threads here, you will find that most gas owners are getting only about 1.5 mpg less when towing up to about 10-12k loads than diesel owners. A gas engine is free with the truck, a diesel is over $9,000. Plus, diesel fuel costs more. Where I live it costs 20% more. Why would I want to spend 20% more for fuel and pay $9k for the option only to get 15% better fuel economy? Been there and done that.”


You pay $9000 for the 900+ lb ft of torque. Something I bet that 7.3 is nowhere near. I am pretty disappointed in the fuel mileage of my 6.7 but oh that power.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 2890
Join date : 2009-07-14
Age : 49
Location : Lafayette, LA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  HorsinAround on December 18th 2018, 10:12 am

I am waiting to see if they will up the trailer tow capacity with the 7.3. Doesn't make sense to me that the F150's have almost the same tow rating as the gas F250's when there is quite a bit of difference in the chassis and suspension's.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

Posts : 1113
Join date : 2009-08-06
Location : North Central Indiana

View user profile http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  5pointslow on December 19th 2018, 9:29 am

my truck i have is a 2500hd gas 6.0 and its paid for and tows my 24ft , got this truck cheap did all the stuff to fix it has 200k miles on it
but i will be looking into getting a f350 possibly with that engine ......I have always been a sucker for a regular cab dually just like the look .



any ideas on hp and tq #s
if i had to guess based on the 6.2 , i wonder if 425-450 hp and 500ft lbs is out of the question
5pointslow
5pointslow

Posts : 1253
Join date : 2009-10-11
Age : 30
Location : MASSHOLE aka BOSTONIAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on December 19th 2018, 7:12 pm

Mark Miller wrote:
83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:The latest as of Dec 17th indicates it will be a 7.3 gasser.

Too bad it wasn't a 7.5 Liter


https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/2020-super-duty-7-3-liter-gas-engine-confirmed/


Alan thanks for the link and congrats on the Ford Muscle win at the Bowling Green NMRA Race car looks good in the Jan 2019 Fastest Street Car Magazine page 64!!! Smile

Thanks Mark !

I finally got me one of those "lucky days" Very Happy
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 991
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 104
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on December 19th 2018, 7:15 pm

5pointslow wrote:my truck i have is a 2500hd gas 6.0 and its paid for and tows my 24ft , got this truck cheap did all the stuff to fix it has 200k miles on it
but i will be looking into getting a f350 possibly with that engine ......I have always been a sucker for a regular cab dually just like the look .



any ideas on hp and tq #s
if i had to guess based on the 6.2 , i wonder if 425-450 hp and 500ft lbs is out of the question

IMO, if it does not break the 500 ft. lbs. mark it will be disappointing.
That's something like 66 more cubic inches than the 6.2 gasser so it should be in the 415 + hp range
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 991
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 104
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  Mark Miller on December 20th 2018, 1:41 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:
Mark Miller wrote:
83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:The latest as of Dec 17th indicates it will be a 7.3 gasser.

Too bad it wasn't a 7.5 Liter


https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/2020-super-duty-7-3-liter-gas-engine-confirmed/


Alan thanks for the link and congrats on the Ford Muscle win at the Bowling Green NMRA Race car looks good in the Jan 2019 Fastest Street Car Magazine page 64!!! Smile

Thanks Mark !

I finally got me one of those "lucky days"  Very Happy


Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!!! Smile

Mark Miller

Posts : 1417
Join date : 2009-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  jbozzelle on December 21st 2018, 12:34 pm

If I buy another truck to daily drive it will be a Super Duty gasser.  I kick myself for not buying a F250 in 2013 when I bought my F150.  Good friend bought his F250 at the same time and both trucks have been great and get about the same gas mileage and we've driven our trucks about the same amount of miles too.

The 2003 F350 I got from Jason above does just fine for towing but if I ever have a chance to blow 75K on a truck I'll buy a diesel, but until then I'm done with them.  Too much of a pain to work on and maintenance/DEF/etc costs are easily 25% more than a gasser.  All I've done to my F150 other than regular fluid changes has been radiator hoses/belts/water pump and spark plugs.  It's running just fine at 140,000 miles.  I feel I would be way more into the "hole" with similar maintenance with a diesel.

I bet that new 7.3 gasser with a chip would be a beast to tow with...

jbozzelle

Posts : 3685
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 45
Location : New Orleans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on February 5th 2019, 9:20 am

Video on the new 7.3 gasser .....posted on Feb. 5th

Iron block
6 bolt mains
Much more narrow than the 6.2 and 6.8


https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=2FtNlfAbc2w
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 991
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 104
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on February 5th 2019, 9:52 am

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? 51241366_2007885212845700_3107832661733801984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? 51783712_2007881296179425_4663667067013038080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? 51225981_2007881136179441_1431998854479216640_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? 51480993_2007881349512753_7811735858549096448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 991
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 104
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  Carl on February 5th 2019, 10:11 am

This is built like a brick shit-house.  Four bolt mains, plus cross bolts, and the crank is forged.  Roller cam.  It'll be interesting to see what people can do with a couple of turbos on this thing.

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? 7_310

Carl

Posts : 282
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  BigBlockRanger on February 5th 2019, 10:23 am

I'll take one in a fox body plz. Smile
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Posts : 737
Join date : 2008-12-02
Age : 48
Location : Amarillo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on February 5th 2019, 11:21 am

That engine has all the right ingredients.
Simple port fuel injection.
No direct injection issues to deal with.
One camshaft
Hi-flow cast stainless exhaust manifolds that look like they could be swapped side to side (front mount turbo)
Oil pan looks fox-swap friendly Very Happy
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 991
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 104
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? Empty Re: New 7 liter engine from Ford...???

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy on February 5th 2019, 11:22 am

Carl wrote:This is built like a brick shit-house.  Four bolt mains, plus cross bolts, and the crank is forged.  Roller cam.  It'll be interesting to see what people can do with a couple of turbos on this thing.

New 7 liter engine from Ford...??? 7_310

I'm thinking 800 h.p easy on 12.5 lbs. of boost
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Posts : 991
Join date : 2008-12-03
Age : 104
Location : Bardstown, KY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum