BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preferred Oil Pan....

3 posters

Go down

Preferred Oil Pan.... Empty Preferred Oil Pan....

Post  1EFF100 September 18th 2018, 11:03 am

....For My Application.

Finally began assembly of my 521 and just noticed on the stock pan that the mount surface for the drain plug is cockeyed so sealing will be a problem.
Can you guys recommend a stock type or maybe something a little tricker than stock?
This engine is going in my '74 Cougar street car so will need a front sump. RPMs will never exceed 6000 and probably will rarely see that.

Kind of got turned off from Milodon. Ordered one for a 5.0 I built several years ago and it was warped from new.

Thanks.
1EFF100
1EFF100

Back to top Go down

Preferred Oil Pan.... Empty Re: Preferred Oil Pan....

Post  69F100 September 18th 2018, 4:47 pm

My new Moroso pan had a slight wrop to it but after installing it it sealed fine the instructions even said it might have a wrop from the welding. It also said after is run for awhile and when it is removed it should be straight. It was a pain to install but I will be pulling it before long to freshen up the engine then we see if it is straight
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 18th 2018, 7:00 pm

Whoever manufactures a stock type pan with a simple horizontal baffle like a CJ pan had, will be fine.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  1EFF100 September 18th 2018, 8:42 pm

69F100 wrote:My new Moroso pan had a slight wrop to it but after installing it it sealed fine the instructions even said it might have a wrop from the welding. It also said after is run for awhile and when it is removed it should be straight. It was a pain to install but I will be pulling it before long to freshen up the engine then we see if it is straight
I never did get that Milodon to seal correctly. Always had a weep at one of the corners.

rmcomprandy wrote:Whoever manufactures a stock type pan with a simple horizontal baffle like a CJ pan had, will be fine.
Thanks Randy. Smile
1EFF100
1EFF100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down