BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote water pump

3 posters

Go down

Remote water pump Empty Remote water pump

Post  litshoot October 14th 2018, 2:05 pm

Hello, im looking into using a mechanical fuel pump driven off the cam, to do this a remote water pump needs to be used, How best is it to set this up, would it be an improvement to change flow characteristics, put coolant into heads  then down into block then to radiator, is this how it is already set up. Any body run this style of system, I am being stupid and reinventing the wheel for absolutely no reason. thank
Seth

litshoot

Back to top Go down

Remote water pump Empty Re: Remote water pump

Post  rmcomprandy October 14th 2018, 3:51 pm

litshoot wrote:Hello, im looking into using a mechanical fuel pump driven off the cam, to do this a remote water pump needs to be used, How best is it to set this up, would it be an improvement to change flow characteristics, put coolant into heads  then down into block then to radiator, is this how it is already set up. Any body run this style of system, I am being stupid and reinventing the wheel for absolutely no reason. thank
Seth

Spring Car mechanical fuel pumps driven directly off the cam are in the rear of the block driven off the back of the cam.
When driven in the front of the cam they usually use some kind of belt drive.

There are completely divorced electric water pumps in the marketplace which work well. They simply need to have correct plumbing.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf October 14th 2018, 4:44 pm

Meziere makes electric ones in different flow rates. This is what my friend uses on his 600" Boss Nine.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down