BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally, an article in Hot Rod worth reading

+5
BBFTorino
dfree383
83-88T-Bird Guy
jasonf
rmcomprandy
9 posters

Go down

Finally, an article in Hot Rod worth reading Empty Finally, an article in Hot Rod worth reading

Post  rmcomprandy February 7th 2019, 8:43 pm

Was paging through a buddy's magazine as it was the latest issue of Hot Rod, (April 2019).

The very last page had the David Freiberger editorial titled, "Self-Driving Cars. Really ?".
My thoughts on this couldn't have been expressed better if I had written it myself.

Also: An autonomous car on Michigan roads would not last 2 days before being layed-up.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Finally, an article in Hot Rod worth reading Empty Re: Finally, an article in Hot Rod worth reading

Post  jasonf February 7th 2019, 10:20 pm

After 35 years of reading magazines I still like Hot Rod and Car Craft. More or less general all around coverage of everything out there. If you go in with low expectations then they are pretty good. All the good Ford magazines have been bought and closed over the years. Now you would think Ford only made Mustangs based on the garbage in print now. I had MM&FF all the way back to the first issue but I don't even read it anymore.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Finally, an article in Hot Rod worth reading Empty Re: Finally, an article in Hot Rod worth reading

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy February 8th 2019, 1:01 pm

jasonf wrote:After 35 years of reading magazines I still like Hot Rod and Car Craft. More or less general all around coverage of everything out there. If you go in with low expectations then they are pretty good. All the good Ford magazines have been bought and closed over the years. Now you would think Ford only made Mustangs based on the garbage in print now. I had MM&FF all the way back to the first issue but I don't even read it anymore.

I agree. All around coverage for CC.
I just ignore the rat rod stuff in HR.
CC is more hard core and technical.
MM&FF pretty much covers s550 stuff now and is down to 68-70 pages ( super thin)

I have been subbing to car magazine for 42 years.
I still sub to HR, CC and MM&FF and have all my past issues as well as the few SS &DI issues. ( and every issue of Super Fords and 5.0 )

Times are a changin'.....
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 December 19th 2019, 2:47 pm

How many printed ones are left after this last round of destruction?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino December 19th 2019, 4:09 pm

I have plastic storage bins full of thousands of car magazines (Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hot Rodding, Super Ford, Super Chevy, Musclecar Review, Hemmings Muscle Machines, Mopar Muscle, and on and on) going back to the 60's.
I think I need to sell the whole collection!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky December 30th 2019, 9:12 pm

They are killing off Car Craft and a bunch of other magazines at the beginning of the year. Stinks too. Car Craft was my favorite.

https://jalopnik.com/ten-publishing-kills-19-automotive-print-publications-i-1840273584

Here is the full list of the 19 publications ending their print run.

4-Wheel & Off-Road
Automobile
Car Craft
Chevy High Performance
Classic Trucks 
Diesel Power
Hot Rod Deluxe 
Jp
Lowrider
Mopar Muscle
Muscle Car Review
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Mustang Monthly
Street Rodder
Super Chevy 
Super Street
Truck Trend 
Truckin’
Vette

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller December 30th 2019, 11:17 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:They are killing off Car Craft and a bunch of other magazines at the beginning of the year.  Stinks too.  Car Craft was my favorite.

https://jalopnik.com/ten-publishing-kills-19-automotive-print-publications-i-1840273584

Here is the full list of the 19 publications ending their print run.

4-Wheel & Off-Road
Automobile
Car Craft
Chevy High Performance
Classic Trucks 
Diesel Power
Hot Rod Deluxe 
Jp
Lowrider
Mopar Muscle
Muscle Car Review
Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords
Mustang Monthly
Street Rodder
Super Chevy 
Super Street
Truck Trend 
Truckin’
Vette

Jess

I wonder when they will actually quit production on these magazines as I bought the March 2020 issue of Car Craft today at Wal Mart?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Mustang-junky January 1st 2020, 1:28 am

I think that they run three months ahead. I've got my March issue in the mail this week.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 1st 2020, 11:42 am

Most of them will still be alive on the internet only but, no longer in print form on paper.  
Too. bad...

I do envision their eventual total demise.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie January 2nd 2020, 1:31 pm

Wow. Very sad to hear.
Super Ford CC and HR were my favorites back in the 80's and 90's.
Helped get me into the hot rodding mentality.
68galaxie
68galaxie

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 16th 2022, 3:42 am

https://www.motortrend.com/features/self-driving-cars-really/

Maybe This. I dono. Wink

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 September 1st 2022, 8:15 am

https://www.newsweek.com/californians-told-not-charge-electric-cars-gas-car-sales-ban-1738398

This should help them make sense of it all over there, Not.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-11/illegal-marijuana-grows-have-overrun-the-california-desert

I dunno, seems like something has caused brain rot to a large part of the Union, or what's left of it.

Hot Rod needs a new article if they have the balls, which is highly unlikely.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down