BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C4 converter

2 posters

Go down

C4 converter  Empty C4 converter

Post  Quattro February 10th 2019, 10:02 am

I'm converting my 94 Mustang 1/8th mile drag car from a SBF to a 460 BBF, The car had a trans brake case fill C4 behind the SBF I just went through it freshened it up, got an SFI BBF bellhousing, 164 tooth flexplate and a torque converter with the 11.4 bolt pattern. It's the 10" XHD from Jegs, has the anti-balloon plates rated at 800 hp (my 460 is @ 650) I noticed the drive hub on the new converter is a 1/2 inch longer than the converter I had in it with the SBF, but ignoring the obvious, I set the trans on end and tried to install the converter anyway, no big surprise, it didn't drop down completely, has anyone else run into this? if so what is the solution? Thanks

Quattro

Back to top Go down

C4 converter  Empty Re: C4 converter

Post  jbozzelle February 11th 2019, 10:01 pm

Have you tried to hold the converter up to the engine and see if the pilot engages properly?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Quattro February 13th 2019, 10:11 am

Thanks for the reply, no the diameter of the pilot is wrong, the drive hub is too long and if I could get the converter to drop all the way into the trans, then the distance between the converter and the crank is to large, other than that, everything is spot on....Long story short, I'm taking the trans and converter along with crank pilot diameter to a trans/converter shop that was recommended to me and let them figure it out. while its there, I'm giving them the engine and car specs to have them set the stall correctly.
Thanks again

Quattro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down