Putting guide plates on my C9VE 429 heads.

Go down

Putting guide plates on my C9VE 429 heads. Empty Putting guide plates on my C9VE 429 heads.

Post  70CobraDragpak on February 18th 2019, 3:37 pm

Hi, I have what I think are unmolested (except for CJ valves and port & pocket work) 429 C9VE heads with non adjustable rocker studs. I did a search and found conflicting ideas on how much I need to cut down the pedestals to install guide plates and adjustable 7/16ths studs for my SCJ rockers. Some said the thickness of guides, others said .220".? or 3/16ths? Also, is there a part # for correct studs for this configuration? Thanks for any help!

70CobraDragpak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Putting guide plates on my C9VE 429 heads. Empty Re: Putting guide plates on my C9VE 429 heads.

Post  rmcomprandy on February 18th 2019, 8:44 pm

70CobraDragpak wrote:Hi, I have what I think are unmolested (except for CJ valves and port & pocket work) 429 C9VE heads with non adjustable rocker studs. I did a search and found conflicting ideas on how much I need to cut down the pedestals to install guide plates and adjustable 7/16ths studs for my SCJ rockers. Some said the thickness of guides, others said .220".? or 3/16ths? Also, is there a part # for correct studs for this configuration? Thanks for any help!

.220" to .230" is correct but, if you cut the guide-plates in half to rotate and center the rocker arm tip over the valve tip sideways, you only need to cut the thickness of the guide-plate.

The amount machined will determine the height of the guide-plate and the final angle of the pushrod which will control the side-sweep of the rocker arm.

rmcomprandy

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum