BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Demon Tunnel Ram Tuning

2 posters

Go down

King Demon Tunnel Ram Tuning Empty King Demon Tunnel Ram Tuning

Post  strongweapon March 7th 2019, 12:16 pm

I have a 459ish With 3.71 stroke 4.440 bore stainless Total Seal Gapless rings, forged flat tops, 7.1 H beam rods in a 4 bolt short block. .729. Cam on 114 LSA at 280ish/280ish roller cam bearings, roller valve train, 1.8 to 1 rockers, EX514 heads port matched to the Tunnel Ram with 2.3/1.88 They're trying to keep me close to 77cc with bowl work so CR should be at 10.9 to 1.
I have the old style TFS Tunnel Ram and 2 King Demon RS 1095s.
Yes... I know they are "TOO BIG".
My build should be ready in a month give or take. I want to have the carbs "close" when I bolt them on.
Both BG and Holley tend to be rich.. But different.. With no seeming method to their collective madness. Holley new specs for most of the demons have leaner jetting and much richer idle, their new 1050 3 circuits Doms are the same design as the the King Demon but venture size is above the 1295 series Demons, and Innovative show not touching the jetting but reducing IFR by 33% and IAB by 50% gives you perfect on smaller demon carbs.
I have read a thousand articles on a hundred message boards with a million different opinions.
This is for a car which will see a significant amount of street time. I have ran dual carbs on this car with a 390, 428, 429, and 459... But with Holley 450s and 750s and low profile dual intakes from Offy and Blue Thunder but never anything this radical.
I plan on picking up a Wide Band O2 meter for actual tuning but I don't want to spend 5 days with $500 worth of jets and bleeds to get it right.
Main jets I am not so concerned about. They will be close enough to start as a baseline.
But...
Does anyone have any idea where to start as far as Idle Feed Restrictors, Idle Air Bleeds, Intermediate Feed Restrictors, and Intermediate Air Bleeds

Last edited by strongweapon on March 14th 2019, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

strongweapon

Back to top Go down

King Demon Tunnel Ram Tuning Empty Re: King Demon Tunnel Ram Tuning

Post  Carbguy March 13th 2019, 8:31 am

Since you have RS series carburetors you may want to see if you can find someone with old stock on the sleeves and components to make the carburetors smaller. The smaller carburetors will have increased air velocity which in turn will increase the air velocity going through them making everything run more efficiently.

Carbguy

Back to top Go down

Post  strongweapon March 14th 2019, 12:50 pm

I actually bought them with that exact intent. However... After searching low and high for a year... No one is letting go of 8 995 sleeves.

RD has complete carbs but he wants over 2k for a set and they are almost the exact same as the new Holley HP Don's which can be had from Summit or Jegs for about 700 each.
Bottom line I got the carbs for a "steal". I couldn't pass it up.
I see a lot of the Mopar/Hemi guys running them with as little as stock 426 displacement but it's a Ford and there are some guys here on this site who are very knowledgeable so I figured I would start here.
I can and will put them on and tweak them but it would just be a big help if I could start with a better baseline than 20 year old specs known to be way too rich for most applications... Especially a small displacement Big Block

strongweapon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down