BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cj 4 bolt caps

5 posters

Go down

Cj 4 bolt caps Empty Cj 4 bolt caps

Post  lance flake November 11th 2019, 11:03 pm

Does anybody have any caps from a from a factory 4 bolt block laying around they would part with?  I have a std bore block missing one. Thanks

Last edited by lance flake on November 11th 2019, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Cj 4 bolt caps Empty Re: Cj 4 bolt caps

Post  Calypso November 12th 2019, 1:29 am

There can be quite big mismatches in cap main bore from block to block. Least you can expect is to machine the cap down quite a bit and align bore unless you get very lucky.
I have some of them and this is what I found.

Calypso

Back to top Go down

Post  lance flake November 12th 2019, 10:23 am

Calypso wrote:There can be quite big mismatches in cap main bore from block to block. Least you can expect is to machine the cap down quite a bit and align bore unless you get very lucky.
I have some of them and this is what I found.

Yes sir I am aware of the fit issue. I looked on pro-gram's web site didn't see any cj replacements. I would buy some aftermarket steel caps to put on this block if anybody knows were I can get some. I can handle everything but the aline bore/hone in house.

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Post  lance flake November 12th 2019, 1:14 pm

I sent billet speed works an e-mail. They do still make the replacement caps per special order. I may go this route if I can not find and original.

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Post  pmrphil November 12th 2019, 7:28 pm

does Milodon make them for the CJ? They used to offer them in a couple configurations, if I remember correctly.

pmrphil

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane November 13th 2019, 3:12 pm

Pro-Gram Engineering made all the caps in their various configurations including the parallel bolt CJ caps for 2, 3, & 4. They have since been acquired by another company, Billet Speedworks, and it might be best to call directly and ask whether they will make that particular version. Billet SpeedWorks simply might not have updated their website yet with that version main cap.

I've known Milodon to make only the played version main caps for the 385 Series.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lance flake November 13th 2019, 3:53 pm

Paul Kane wrote:Pro-Gram Engineering made all the caps in their various configurations including the parallel bolt CJ caps for 2, 3, & 4. They have since been acquired by another company, Billet Speedworks, and it might be best to call directly and ask whether they will make that particular version. Billet SpeedWorks simply might not have updated their website yet with that version main cap.

I've known Milodon to make only the played version main caps for the 385 Series.

Pro-gram engineering has changed hands. The new name of the company is Billet Speed Works. Yes Paul they do still build these caps per request. I am like you the splayed cap is all I have seen the milodon's in. Thanks guys

lance flake

Back to top Go down

Post  69BOSS November 22nd 2019, 11:31 pm

I have a set of 5 caps if you are still interested.

Staci
69BOSS
69BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post  69BOSS November 23rd 2019, 2:50 pm

PM sent
69BOSS
69BOSS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content