BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

roll cage/bar mounting points on frame??

3 posters

Go down

roll cage/bar mounting points on frame?? Empty roll cage/bar mounting points on frame??

Post  pedal2themetal45 December 1st 2019, 10:09 am

Hi, its ford powered but not a ford..Sorry.. What I have is a 1964 International 4 door 1/2 ton short bed truck. I've stroking the 466 ( that pulled it to a 14.5 - 1/4) I have had in it to a 545 and would like to add roll bars/cage to it. To weld the roll bars to the frame I'd need to add out riggers channel or add frame extensions to mount the down bars to so the down bars can go down closer to the inside panels. Whats the best way to do this? Pictures would help
Thanks
Tim

pedal2themetal45

Back to top Go down

roll cage/bar mounting points on frame?? Empty Re: roll cage/bar mounting points on frame??

Post  samiam December 1st 2019, 6:41 pm

couple photos off the net..
roll cage/bar mounting points on frame?? Roll_c10
roll cage/bar mounting points on frame?? Roll_c11
samiam
samiam

Back to top Go down

roll cage/bar mounting points on frame?? Empty Re: roll cage/bar mounting points on frame??

Post  pedal2themetal45 December 1st 2019, 7:15 pm

thanks that helps greatly.

pedal2themetal45

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 2nd 2019, 5:37 am

Cab raised up to weld all the frame/cage joints......
roll cage/bar mounting points on frame?? Dillig11

Cab back down to weld the outriggers to the body's rocker panel sandwich plates.....
roll cage/bar mounting points on frame?? Dillig10

It's also a good idea to install smaller OD diagonal bars running from the main hoop (at/around the seat bar attachment point) & main windshield bars (at/around the dash bar attachment point) diagonally down to the factory/main frame rails. This helps to spread the load around over a larger area so the outriggers don't have to do all the work alone. Adding the diagonal bars also increase the cage's ability to withstand side loading forces.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down