BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock spec replacement valve springs/retainers/keepers for SCJ-A heads

2 posters

Go down

Stock spec replacement valve springs/retainers/keepers for SCJ-A heads Empty Stock spec replacement valve springs/retainers/keepers for SCJ-A heads

Post  the tree man January 11th 2020, 1:30 am

Previous owner of my SCJ heads had a big roller cam so I left the springs with him.The factory springs and hardware that comes on the "A" head will accommodate my cam (.655 lift and 125/325 lbs.) but I see the Ford replacement parts are not available.Who's pieces are guys using?
the tree man
the tree man

Back to top Go down

Stock spec replacement valve springs/retainers/keepers for SCJ-A heads Empty Re: Stock spec replacement valve springs/retainers/keepers for SCJ-A heads

Post  rmcomprandy January 11th 2020, 1:31 pm

[quote="the tree man"]Previous owner of my SCJ heads had a big roller cam so I left the springs with him.The factory springs and hardware that comes on the "A" head will accommodate my cam (.655 lift and 125/325 lbs.) but I see the Ford replacement parts are not available.Who's pieces are guys using?[/quote

The flat tappet head had Crane springs #99893 however, many outlets have copies of that same spring.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Stock spec replacement valve springs/retainers/keepers for SCJ-A heads Empty Re: Stock spec replacement valve springs/retainers/keepers for SCJ-A heads

Post  the tree man January 11th 2020, 6:59 pm

Any info or part # on the retainer?Was it neutral,+,-?Same for keepers neutral,+,-?I can't find a detailed parts list for these heads.Trying to keep it simple and not over think this but don't want to under think it either.I was going to swap the stuff from my D3's to the SCJ's but I have a possible buyer for the D3's complete.Thanks again.
the tree man
the tree man

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 11th 2020, 8:48 pm

the tree man wrote:Any info or part # on the retainer?Was it neutral,+,-?Same for keepers neutral,+,-?I can't find a detailed parts list for these heads.Trying to keep it simple and not over think this but don't want to under think it either.I was going to swap the stuff from my D3's to the SCJ's but I have a possible buyer for the D3's complete.Thanks again.

The moly-steel retainers were originally also Crane +60 and the spring cups were from Comp.
Locks were machined 7 degree but, I think a hardened stamped lock will do.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down