BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finally got my 528cu engine scratch that, still being buit with changes! LoL

+19
boss56
'65 T-BOLT
bruno
racerk_2000
ThndrChkn
richter69
droppedf100
jbozzelle
IcallhimGeorge
69F100
schmitty
stangr8cr
the Coug
Greg_P
Nevs
jasonf
jones
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I finally got my 528cu engine scratch that, still being buit with changes! LoL - Page 3 Empty Re: I finally got my 528cu engine scratch that, still being buit with changes! LoL

Post  richter69 June 20th 2010, 12:04 pm

jones wrote:This build has told me a lot about myself. I should have built the engine from the begining like I wanted and not listened to folks that wanted me to cheap out on foundation parts.

I agree, always get the shortblock bulletproof then you can throw whatever on top.

Thats the trouble with the internet when asking for advice, there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians...............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

I finally got my 528cu engine scratch that, still being buit with changes! LoL - Page 3 Empty Re: I finally got my 528cu engine scratch that, still being buit with changes! LoL

Post  SandHillsHillbilly June 20th 2010, 12:05 pm

richter69 wrote:
jones wrote:This build has told me a lot about myself. I should have built the engine from the begining like I wanted and not listened to folks that wanted me to cheap out on foundation parts.

I agree, always get the shortblock bulletproof then you can throw whatever on top.

Thats the trouble with the internet when asking for advice, there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians...............

My problem with that is there are many heads options and you may end up with the wrong pistons.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 June 20th 2010, 12:11 pm

pistons are cheap, block, crank etc is more what I'm talking about................plus you can flycut a piston to fit a valve placement.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle June 20th 2010, 12:44 pm

Cheaping out on some of those parts was my only way in the door.... I just won't abuse this cast crank deal I have now while I get the car sorted out. I'll build something with an A460 block and steel crank for 2012....

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jones June 20th 2010, 3:33 pm

I agree with getting into the door, but IMO that plan would have worked if it hasn't been taking me 4 years to get something moving under it's own power. Me personaly wouldn't have had no problems if I had stuck with my old truck and ran the first version of this engine. Now since I am having to build a complete truck again I want the full package and don't want to be looking at upgrading once I get it all finished again.

The Mustang was someone elses dream/idea and I was trying to make it interesting for myself by making it turbocharged. Later to realize that I don't like fox body Mustangs and I'm really a truck guy at heart.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow March 4th 2013, 12:52 pm

what did this make for power ?
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  FORDMUD March 6th 2013, 5:08 pm

Jones didn't get to finish it. He sold it all. I bought the the shortblock. I put some Iron CJ's on it and run in a vacuum class.
FORDMUD
FORDMUD

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice March 6th 2013, 7:39 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ And I got the cylinder heads...... Nice peices. I have not ran them yet but they are on a pump gas 532 I built for my old 67 ford to tow with. Someday .....

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jones March 8th 2013, 1:39 am

I'm happy to see the short block running good. Can't wait to see what the heads do for Travis.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3