BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

+25
72mav
jesse
Nevs
Ranch71460
schmitty
cool40
'65 T-BOLT
richter69
DILLIGASDAVE
res0rli9
Copperhead
BigBlockRanger
jones
511Fox
70bbftorino
Paul-uk
jbozzelle
bbf-falcon
billandlori
bruno
dfree383
Northwest outlaw
bb429power
69F100
ThndrChkn
29 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 Empty Re: The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

Post  Northwest outlaw May 16th 2010, 9:44 pm

Looking good Doug sorry had to jump off the phone kids were going crazy....
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 Empty Re: The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics....

Post  72mav May 18th 2010, 4:00 pm

Lookin good Doug!.
If I may.. Id knock those sharp corners off your radiator mounts. What happened to your front frame crossmember?
Regards.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 18th 2010, 6:00 pm

Al Martin wrote:Lookin good Doug!.
If I may.. Id knock those sharp corners off your radiator mounts. What happened to your front frame crossmember?
Regards.
Al

Thanks Al. I already knocked the corners down on the radiator mounts, and I had to take the crossmember out 'cause it was in the way of the front edge of the radiator. I already welded another one in yesterday.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 20th 2010, 1:21 am

Well, I got my modified bumper installed this afternoon. I "had" a guy lined up to build the fiberglass one, but he changed his mind and said it was cost $600.00 to build it, so I decided to use the stock one. What I mean by modified is, I used my buddy's plasma cutter and cut the bottom 1/3 of the bumper off. It was bent pretty good across the bottom anyway, so by cutting it off, I not only got rid of the bent up part, but I also took 23 lbs. off of it. Leaving the bumper at only 23 lbs. itsself.
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 0519002103

In these pics, you'll see I drilled 3 holes and used 3 #10 screws on each side to hold it in place. I was going to use rivets, but I decided I would use the screws instead so I can remove it if I had to. I think due to the weight the screws will work fine. Also, I'm going to paint it. What do you guys think, yellow, or flat black?
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 0519002104
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 0519002104a

I'm also looking at building an air dam of sorts from the bottom of the bumper, about 5-6" long. Any opinions on this? My steering stuff, and front engine plate will be here tomorrow, so I can get that stuff done tomorrow. Very Happy Cool

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 May 20th 2010, 1:31 am

I would use bolts not screws, they could come out and give you flat, not good.

looking good

Keith

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 20th 2010, 7:20 am

Thanks Keith. I'll probably change them out before I make any runs with it, but I didn't have the nuts/bolts when I got ready to mount it up. Gotta keep the ball rollin' ya know. My goal is to have this thing running/driving by next Thursday.

I shot some flat black on the bumper. I think it looks pretty good in black.
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 Cid__0520000617

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw May 20th 2010, 11:03 am

I like the black....
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori May 20th 2010, 12:41 pm

X2 on the flat black.....although I may be a bit biased!! Makes it look kinda intimidating, you'll have the bowtie boys shaking before they even hear it!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 22nd 2010, 12:36 am

looking sweet there Doug!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 22nd 2010, 12:38 am

Got my front engine plate mounted today. Got tired so I'll finish welding the mounting tabs tomorrow.
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 0521002229

Also got my bumpsteer kit from UPR, and got it on and primarily adjusted.
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 0521002230

It's gonna be close, but I think it'll be running/drivable by my goal date of Thursday the 27th. Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 22nd 2010, 12:42 am

like i stated earlier! looking sweet! It is amazing how a few 5/16 bolts hold all that weight
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw May 22nd 2010, 12:43 am

Killer job Doug I wating on the start up vid...
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 22nd 2010, 1:05 am

Thanks guys. I doubt there will be a start up video Jason. But there will be a vid next Saturday when I drive it throught the Memorial Day Weekend Parade. I'm only gonna drive it a couple blocks though. Just enough to get some attention. Twisted Evil

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 22nd 2010, 1:06 am

open headers? Cool
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 22nd 2010, 1:08 am

Doug, I hope you don't mind..but i think I am going to steel your idea about using the tubular K member for my build. Then again I might use cool40's look
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 22nd 2010, 1:10 am

'65 T-BOLT wrote:open headers? Cool

You know it Big Dawg! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT May 22nd 2010, 1:11 am

sweet! let the mighty power be unleashed!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 22nd 2010, 1:23 am

YUP YUP! Twisted Evil Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw May 22nd 2010, 1:26 am

I just seen i missed your call hit me up in the moring. i have to get to bed im whipped out.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 22nd 2010, 1:29 am

'65 T-BOLT wrote:Doug, I hope you don't mind..but i think I am going to steel your idea about using the tubular K member for my build. Then again I might use cool40's look

If you do decide to go with the K-Member, it's a fairly straight forward set-up. After I got all of my stuff here, it only took a weekend to get it all in place.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 22nd 2010, 10:15 pm

She's all done except for the radiator, steering shaft, and alot of the small stuff. All I gotta do now is wrap 'er up, fuel 'er up, and let 'er eat. Twisted Evil Cool
The Nuclear Banana...... Redux!!! Even "MORE" progress pics.... - Page 5 0522001951
It's raining pretty good outside, so all I got is this frontal shot for now. If it's nicer out tomorrow, I'll get it pushed outside and get a few outside shots.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 22nd 2010, 10:20 pm

Doug, are you going with the same radiator or a smaller one? I seen you kicking the tires on the Vw one...
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 22nd 2010, 10:57 pm

I'm just going to use the truck radiator that I've been using. It's plastic/aluminum, so it's not very heavy (without the fans), it cools good, and it fits like a glove. I sat in my truck after I set it on the floor, and it felt like I was sitting on the ground compared to last year. If things work out, it'll be running in the next couple of days. cheers

Doug... Cool

Last edited by ThndrChkn on May 23rd 2010, 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs May 22nd 2010, 11:00 pm

Cool deal, lower is more better! Wink Cool
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn May 22nd 2010, 11:08 pm

That's what they tell me. Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next