1978 F-250 Camper Special ??'s

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1978 F-250 Camper Special ??'s

Post  billandlori on March 27th 2010, 4:04 am

Hey,

I'm looking at a 1978 F-250 Ranger XLT Camper Special. It's a super cab. It has a 351M 4 speed.

Is this most likely the stock engine? Would it have Traction-Loc? Air? Not sure what all was included in the "Camper Special" package....

The price is real good, cab corners have been done. Looks like it could use paint. Hope to look at it this weekend.

Thanks!

Bill

billandlori

Posts: 1873
Join date: 2009-08-06
Age: 45
Location: Stratford, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1978 F-250 Camper Special ??'s

Post  OldRedFord on March 27th 2010, 4:36 am

This might be of some help to you.

http://www.fordification.com/library/main.php?g2_itemId=4151

OldRedFord

Posts: 465
Join date: 2009-08-08
Age: 28
Location: Conyers GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1978 F-250 Camper Special ??'s

Post  billandlori on March 27th 2010, 4:54 am

OldRedFord wrote:This might be of some help to you.

http://www.fordification.com/library/main.php?g2_itemId=4151

Thanks Tim, that's some really cool reading!!

BTW, what are you doing up at this time of day???? Very Happy I'm just off work and heading to bed Sleep

Bill

billandlori

Posts: 1873
Join date: 2009-08-06
Age: 45
Location: Stratford, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Camper Special

Post  Mark Laczo on March 27th 2010, 8:47 am

The only difference on my Camper Special to regular F-250 or F350 is the addition of a front and rear sway bar whether the truck is 2wd or 4wd. Let me tell you this makes a hughe difference. I have matching 1978 12' Bronco truck camper, without sway bars it is not good, with them on you can take a speed curve at 60mph and not even feel the camper.

FWIW Mark

Mark Laczo

Posts: 232
Join date: 2009-08-06
Age: 46
Location: Rimbey, Alberta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1978 F-250 Camper Special ??'s

Post  OldRedFord on March 27th 2010, 9:40 am

billandlori wrote:
OldRedFord wrote:This might be of some help to you.

http://www.fordification.com/library/main.php?g2_itemId=4151

Thanks Tim, that's some really cool reading!!

BTW, what are you doing up at this time of day???? Very Happy I'm just off work and heading to bed Sleep

Bill

I woke up and got a glass of water and cant get back to sleep.

OldRedFord

Posts: 465
Join date: 2009-08-08
Age: 28
Location: Conyers GA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1978 F-250 Camper Special ??'s

Post  billandlori on March 27th 2010, 10:35 am

Mark Laczo wrote:The only difference on my Camper Special to regular F-250 or F350 is the addition of a front and rear sway bar whether the truck is 2wd or 4wd. Let me tell you this makes a hughe difference. I have matching 1978 12' Bronco truck camper, without sway bars it is not good, with them on you can take a speed curve at 60mph and not even feel the camper.

FWIW Mark

Thanks Mark,

The truck has a big slide in camper, but I'm not sure I'm interested in the camper.....

Sounds like it will make a good tow vehicle though. Gonna need an engine swap soon.....460!!

Bill

billandlori

Posts: 1873
Join date: 2009-08-06
Age: 45
Location: Stratford, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1978 F-250 Camper Special ??'s

Post  billandlori on March 27th 2010, 10:35 am

OldRedFord wrote:
billandlori wrote:
OldRedFord wrote:This might be of some help to you.

http://www.fordification.com/library/main.php?g2_itemId=4151

Thanks Tim, that's some really cool reading!!

BTW, what are you doing up at this time of day???? Very Happy I'm just off work and heading to bed Sleep

Bill

I woke up and got a glass of water and cant get back to sleep.

LOL, I've had that happen too!! Then you get on here and it's all over!!!

Bill

billandlori

Posts: 1873
Join date: 2009-08-06
Age: 45
Location: Stratford, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum