BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thunderbird Sub-Frame Connectors - Pics Added

+3
Nevs
Race Ready Fabrications
billandlori
7 posters

Go down

Thunderbird Sub-Frame Connectors - Pics Added - Page 2 Empty Re: Thunderbird Sub-Frame Connectors - Pics Added

Post  billandlori July 8th 2010, 11:49 am

Larry Williams wrote:call karbelt for a quote on an 8 pt roll cage kit. i was surprised at how cheap they are. they are cut and notched just need welding. I have a pair on Mt slicks 28 x 15 x 10.5 with 3/4 rubber left you can have. I may have a set of older welds for you too. I updated both rims and rubber this year. Call me with dimensions and I will take them to the track some time for you.

Larry

That's very generous of you Larry!!

When is a good time to call?

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Thunderbird Sub-Frame Connectors - Pics Added - Page 2 Empty Re: Thunderbird Sub-Frame Connectors - Pics Added

Post  Larry Williams July 8th 2010, 1:56 pm

i will be home all evening tonite. there is a possibility that I will take my daughter and her dragster to st thomas this weekend for test and tune. let me know what back space and bolt circle you need
Larry Williams
Larry Williams

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 8th 2010, 5:44 pm

Larry Williams wrote:i will be home all evening tonite. there is a possibility that I will take my daughter and her dragster to st thomas this weekend for test and tune. let me know what back space and bolt circle you need

I'll give you a call tonight.

I didn't know that St Thomas was still open!! I love that track, haven't been there in years. Haven't had anything to run Crying or Very sad

I just have an 8.8 rear in it so, the bolt pattern is 4 on 4 1/4". The back space needs to be around 4 1/2" to 4 3/4" max. The diff is out of a Mustang so its about 2" narrower than the Thunderbird diff. This sets the wheels into the wheel well a bit.

Talk to you later.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 8th 2010, 10:54 pm

Sorry Larry, we got stuck at a job longer than expected. Figured you would prolly be heading for bed soon. I'll try giving you a call tomorrow night if that's OK.

Thanks,
Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle July 11th 2010, 12:00 pm

Bill,

here's some pics of the SFCs in my Futura. Should give you a good idea of how they will look.

Thunderbird Sub-Frame Connectors - Pics Added - Page 2 DSC00008-3

Thunderbird Sub-Frame Connectors - Pics Added - Page 2 DSC00009-2

In this pic you'll see the outline of the 2x3 that was welded and pushed into the rear frame structure. We also welded all of the torque boxes up as well as the upper mounts...

Thunderbird Sub-Frame Connectors - Pics Added - Page 2 SFCs

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 11th 2010, 12:02 pm

Nice job John!! That looks reall solid there.

Thanks for the pics, they help a bunch!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down