BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is th Powerglide such a popular trans for Ford guys?

+6
whitefield
56Tbird
richter69
jbozzelle
dfree383
frank13
10 posters

Go down

Why is th Powerglide such a popular trans for Ford guys? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why is th Powerglide such a popular trans for Ford guys?

Post  whitefield November 16th 2010, 12:23 pm

I got a post this parts cost me the same for a Glide c-6 or a c-4 at close to the same hp levels per transmission !
When it is time for a glide depends on what your intended use for the vehicle along with how much torque and hp , and weight of the vehicle is projected to be. It also depends on your wallett and future build or if their are any power adders going larger cubic inch susspension , gear ratio and tire size.

This is the way I rate the transmissions:
C-4 is good up to 800 hp and 750 ftlbs of torque if you want to freshen it up once a year cost 2000.00 dollars to build .
C-6 will Run about double the Hp and tq of the c-4 and cost the same to build. Freshen up as need about never!
power Glide to fit the big or small block Ford also cost me the same to build hp ratiing from 800 to 1000 hp. Freshen up will depend on how long the stock case lives .
If you are going to be happy with a 700 hp 650 ftlbs of tq 2400 to 3400 lbs vehicle and no futer mods or power adders then the c-4 is for you. ( but this never happens if you are a true gear head)
after that a c-6 or a glide is your choice and goes back to the top part of my post what the intended use and out come is.
Power glide would be my choice for limited street use but for a ultimate race ,low maintenance transmission with the abillity to upgrade race car and engine power and out put, and steel be thier for the next race. Good luck ! affraid l
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down