BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaving Mud Racing!

+4
IDT-572
simpleman
Mark Laczo
lghting94
8 posters

Go down

Leaving Mud Racing! Empty Leaving Mud Racing!

Post  lghting94 November 22nd 2010, 11:53 am

Well guys I was gonna be the tech official at one of the local organizations but at the rules meeting that went over like a lead baloon so I sat through the meeting and watched them eliminate certian things(competitive trucks) in the superstock class and found out that my truck would now have an illegal suspension system so I am leaving the sport and joining the blacktop crew. If any one needs items off my mud truck message me as most of it will be for sale including the rolling chassis in the near future. Todd Drake
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Leaving Mud Racing! Empty Mud Racing

Post  Mark Laczo November 22nd 2010, 12:40 pm

Sorry to hear Tod,

Post up some pics of you under carriage if you have time. I assume you are keeping all your engine parts ??

Later Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Leaving Mud Racing! Empty Re: Leaving Mud Racing!

Post  lghting94 November 22nd 2010, 1:07 pm

Right now there are several local guys scrambling to figure out if they can buy the parts but as soon as i figure everything out i will let everyone know
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman November 29th 2010, 11:38 am

All the BS gets a little old doesn't it? Sad Been contemplating the same thing myself.
simpleman
simpleman

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 November 29th 2010, 1:56 pm

Most clubs won't make a man change what his has already been running (grand father rule) sounds like they had a hard on for you................ Rolling Eyes

I guess I would have left just like you.................. Twisted Evil
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 November 29th 2010, 4:01 pm

Some of the group I run with cant believe I am running in the top of the class (not winning all the time but competitive) with a 495 inch iron headed motor some have said I am over 600 cid and have aluminum heads. As for the suspension I installed ladder bars with coil-overs mid year this year because it was decided that we could run them and a few others already were. Now they(a certain group of trucks) no longer want them allowed. I was planning on building a 540-572 inch motor this next year(while I was the Tech Official which also got tossed) and if they changed the aluminum head rule was going to get a set of p-51 heads and see what i could do, but they decided to keep it an iron headed class and on leafs with a pair of non adjustable traction bars so I have decide I no longer need to prove anything and need to get back to playing with my mustang and lightning.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty November 29th 2010, 5:00 pm

What a bunch of cow cookies. Evil or Very Mad Sounds more like a pack of sore losers to me than anything else. This is what I've been afraid of ever since I built my truck. I was being black listed even before I ran it the first time, and after kicking some butt it only got worse. Why not just put the leaf springs back on and keep being a thorn in their side? Twisted Evil
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 November 30th 2010, 9:00 am

Schmitty I have had several friends asking me to do the same thing and to be real honest that is why the truck got built in the first place I already had the mustang and lightning and just had a daily driver 4x4 that I went and played with when someone told me there was no way I could ever run with them, I was wasting my time and after three years I finally beat him and he quit shortly thereafter but I kept going because I loved the challenge. I quit working on the mustang and lightning completely and have decided it is time to get back to them. As I have said I have nothing to prove anymore there is only one man in this area I haven't beat ever and to be honest I dont care if I do he is a nice guy is respectful to everyone.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power November 30th 2010, 5:48 pm

Dang, that sucks! Evil or Very Mad I love getting dirty and more than gladly would jump into a pit of mud if I got the chance, I absolutely love mud bogging and 4x4's. But drag racing is what I'm all about, hopefully you'll love it even MORE than mud racing. I bet your not the only one quitting the sport right now, come on over to the dark(er) side. Twisted Evil Smile
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  f250mike December 8th 2010, 11:31 pm

Hey Todd I swapped my mud truck to 2wd and went to the 1/4 mile. It's not the fastest ride at the track but I'm having a blast.
So far were not where we want to run but close.
I can say it was strange being the new guy at the dragstrip, but I'm glad I made the switch

Oh by the way the truck you haven't beat wouldn't be from Rising Sun, In. would it?
I know Jason and Jerry race down your way and have fast rides.

mike

f250mike
f250mike

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 December 9th 2010, 8:49 am

Actually Mike I have beat Jason/Jerry a couple times they have very fast trucks and helped me several years ago when I had no clue on some things. The guy I never beat was Mike Lanham from Berea KY with a purple stepside chevy.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea December 9th 2010, 4:28 pm

Let's go DRAG RACING!!!

I plan on doing more local stuff this next year. Traveling is getting too expensive...

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down