BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is an intercooler "needed" with alcohol???

+2
Northwest outlaw
DILLIGASDAVE
6 posters

Go down

Is an intercooler "needed" with alcohol??? Empty Is an intercooler "needed" with alcohol???

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 12th 2010, 12:28 am

How often does a "track only" turbo/alcohol combo not need an innercooler (intercooler?)? Does it just depend on each combo? Or is it more common that the cooler burning alcohol doesn't need one a lot of the time?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Is an intercooler "needed" with alcohol??? Empty Re: Is an intercooler "needed" with alcohol???

Post  Northwest outlaw December 12th 2010, 2:21 am

On a setup like that its not needed there have been a few that played with it and they said that they had a lot of condenstion problems
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Is an intercooler "needed" with alcohol??? Empty Re: Is an intercooler "needed" with alcohol???

Post  96Mustang460cid December 12th 2010, 11:01 am

Unless you have abnormally inefficient turbo, ect, the alcohol should do a good job of keeping the IATs low.

Have a good day!
Michael
96Mustang460cid
96Mustang460cid

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper December 12th 2010, 4:18 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:How often does a "track only" turbo/alcohol combo not need an innercooler (intercooler?)? Does it just depend on each combo? Or is it more common that the cooler burning alcohol doesn't need one a lot of the time?

I would not even consider an intercooler with alcohol. I would add a alcohol nozzle up the airstream like Wolfe does to help cool the air more.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 13th 2010, 11:48 am

Thanks for the info/opinions guys.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  EVE January 20th 2011, 2:53 am

whatbumper wrote:
DILLIGASDAVE wrote:How often does a "track only" turbo/alcohol combo not need an innercooler (intercooler?)? Does it just depend on each combo? Or is it more common that the cooler burning alcohol doesn't need one a lot of the time?

I would not even consider an intercooler with alcohol. I would add a alcohol nozzle up the airstream like Wolfe does to help cool the air more.

I tried that a couple years ago with E85 but couldn't get a jet small enough. I still have the nozzle that C&S made me and I may give it another shot sometime.

EVE

Back to top Go down

Post  2POWERADDERS January 20th 2013, 11:34 am

no way
2POWERADDERS
2POWERADDERS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down