BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In car sub-frame connectors for a fox mustang

4 posters

Go down

In car sub-frame connectors for a fox mustang Empty In car sub-frame connectors for a fox mustang

Post  tiger February 7th 2011, 10:31 pm

Can I see some pictures of some fox mustangs with the sub-frame connectors that go into the floor board of the car. I have been strongly advised to use those instead of the bolt on or weld on that go underneath.

What size steel?

tiger

Back to top Go down

In car sub-frame connectors for a fox mustang Empty Re: In car sub-frame connectors for a fox mustang

Post  Race Ready Fabrications February 7th 2011, 11:31 pm

Here's a pic of one I have done. I use 2X3X14 gauge. I'd advise that you make them as long as you can tying the rear to the front.
In car sub-frame connectors for a fox mustang Racereadyfab001
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

In car sub-frame connectors for a fox mustang Empty Re: In car sub-frame connectors for a fox mustang

Post  tiger February 8th 2011, 12:57 pm

How far back and forward do those go? Do they go inside the frame any or just but up against?

tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 8th 2011, 4:10 pm

Run them from the firewall all the way into the rear subframe. You'll have to offset them since the front and rear frames do not line up with each other. I have some pics from my Futura I can post later today.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Outlaw5.0 February 8th 2011, 6:08 pm

TeamZmotorsports sells weld in subframe connectors.

Outlaw5.0

Back to top Go down

Post  tiger February 9th 2011, 9:36 pm

After doing a lot of googleing I now understand how to do the front part, but I am still confused on the back sub frame. Do you just weld a plate on the back sub frame area where it meats the rear floor pan and then weld your tubing to that? Or do you cut a hole and run the tubing into the rear sub frame?

I found this picture. Scroll down a ways to the gray mustang that they built connectors in. The second picture where it shows the connection into the rear subframe is where I need clarity on what they did. This is what I had in mind for mine.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2145480

tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down