BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

intro manofmerc

+2
bigblockfox468
manofmerc
6 posters

Go down

intro manofmerc Empty intro manofmerc

Post  manofmerc April 1st 2011, 6:56 am

Mnaofmerc here.I like the rest of you love those 385 series engines .I have had one since the early 80s .It was a429cj someone left out in the rain I beat the pistons out with a hammer saved my money and built my first 429.I put this in my 66 comet and the rest is history.I currently have a 67 comet with an edelbrock headed 466.Solid cam 950 qf carb scat rods and c6 .It runs 11.36 @118 .I have some fe powered vehicles as well.66 comet cyclone stroker 427 c6 .An original 69 cyclone 428cj c6 And my tow vehicle 66ford f250 390 4spd.I am in Ga about 40 miles south of atl.I love to bracket race my comet at silverdollar dragway in reynolds Ga .In the eighth mile I normally run 730-740 depending on the temp .I am planing on a torque convertor swap.I believe my tci 10 convertor is holding me back .On a coolday my 60 ft times are normally 1.64 on a hot day 1.74 .Maybe an ati 9 convertor will help me .I am a welder by trade and have been doing that for 35 years .I like this forum a bit better that the other but still you can get good info off both .Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

intro manofmerc Empty Re: intro manofmerc

Post  bigblockfox468 April 1st 2011, 7:12 am

Welcome aboard Bro! cheers We're second to none here Wink Post some pictures of your rides.... sounds like you got some cool ones. We like picures Twisted Evil
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  quick 52 April 1st 2011, 10:49 am

welcome to the site im a newbe to and also welded for 35 years as a iron worker out of detroit

quick 52

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 1st 2011, 10:51 am

Doug,

its a pleasure to have you on board , welcome to the site and enjoy

Nick

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 1st 2011, 12:15 pm

Welcome to the BBF Forum cheers

I used to run FE's (427's and 428's) in pulling trucks and my race car, then converted over to 385 series. I still have a few FE's left.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

intro manofmerc Empty Thanks Fellows

Post  manofmerc April 1st 2011, 6:17 pm

Thanks for the replies .Some cars -trucks work out beter with an fe engine .I wouldnt mind one in my 67 comet.But I like the simplicity of 460s .Fes package better in shock tower cars but they have there pitfalls also .Putting headers on either isnt easy I wish 460s were the same length as fe engines but they arent so just got to work with it .Yes i have been welding a long time now andmy body aches .I take a couple bufferin and all is good .At my local track in reynolds Ga man oh man it is a chevy world .If they are 100 cars on bracket race day there might be 10-15 fords and some of those have chevys in them .And I have about the only old ford mercury product it is mostly fox bodys .But it nice to beat the chevy guys at there game .We have a lot of mopars about the same percentage as ford I used to park with the mopar guys .Until they quit racing .Now it is myself and a father son team with two thunderbirds .My 460 has srp pistons 11.67 compression Reed solid cam 250in 259ex 586 603 edel cj heads with a good valve job and backcut .I tried a victor and it was about 13 to 15 hundreths slower than my performer rpm airgap .One -two miles an ower slower .So the airgap works better for me .And like I said before I am hoping to get me a better ati convertor so maybe my 60ft will pickup some .I am currently at 11.36 118 or 7.34 about 95 in the eighth.Ok guys got to take the wife out to eat pig

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 2nd 2011, 7:23 pm

Hi Doug I am also from the Peach State down in the lower part we run at Cecil SGMP most of the timeand about a 1 1/2 hours from Silver Dallor.Haven't had a chance to run mine yet this year was going today but it was trying to rain this morning.I like th older cars and trucks also yes most of the tracks around here is chevy guys glad to hear of another ford guy running around these parts too..They are having the Ford Vers Chevies door cars today at SGMP wanted to do some tnt with them but rain the 1st part of the morning so I stayed home.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

intro manofmerc Empty What does your ranger run ?

Post  manofmerc April 4th 2011, 6:16 am

I see you have a 460 powered ranger there what does it run in the i/8? I went to reynolds yesterday.My car ran good 7.26 7.29 7.30 7.28 but the driver didnt do so good .Lost first race my bad slow on the tree won second race good reaction time .Then the infamous redlight .So old Doug had to go home .If you ever come up to reynolds let me know and if i can I will come down .i have heard a lot of good things about your home track maybe one day i will get down there .

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 4th 2011, 11:43 am

Not sure yet haven't got to run it this year after the engine rebuild last year ran 7.70s at 90mph.That was leaving off idle the brakes wasn't holding the mastercyclinder was leaking down couldn't come up on the converter.Hoping for the 6.s this year hopeful the bad weather will be out of here by friday night.Going over to Albany and try it out there if mother nature lets me.

Jim
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

intro manofmerc Empty Albany us 19 dragway

Post  manofmerc April 6th 2011, 6:02 am

A lot of guys at reynolds are from the albany area.I believe a couple of years ago they were closed ]for a bit a lot of the albany boys started coming to reynolds and havent stoped .Reynolds is a nice track I havent been to cecil or albany .Good luck to you and get that truck out and run it

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 6th 2011, 11:48 am

If you ever get a chance try out Cecil you will love it it is all concert and smooth as glass and you will hook they believe in prepping the track.I hadn't ever ran in albany but going to try it out maybe Friday night.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down