BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz

+5
56Tbird
bruno
the1969fordguyinky
Tennessee Bullitt
nuclearcobra
9 posters

Go down

Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz Empty Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz

Post  nuclearcobra April 29th 2011, 7:43 am

i had a few hours left puttin on the last few things so i can finaly fire this new beast up and break it in so i can do some testing sunday, well when i get to the drivers side header which is never a hassle it slips right in, but i find that noway will it clear my new shitass factory rebuilt starter that i just had to have to save a lousey $150 bucks over a new mini starter and there 10lbs lighter to boot and made for abuse. I spared no expence on my build but i gotta cheeseout on a darn starter Embarassed serves me right i guess Rolling Eyes Well in a few hours when everything opens up i'm gonna call around and see if any of the speed shops have one in stock but its not likely as this isnt GM junk. O and i don't want to hear it Melvyn Evil or Very Mad i know ya said just get a new mini unit. Thanks i had to vent!!!!
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz Empty Re: Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz

Post  Tennessee Bullitt April 29th 2011, 7:53 am

Look on the bright side, you put the money where it will really count. I feel your pain I am in the same boat, I cheaped out on a few things but not where it counted the most.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz Empty Re: Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz

Post  the1969fordguyinky April 29th 2011, 8:14 am

I forget what year it is but there is a truck application that every autoparts house will have. It's a mini starter and its pretty expensive, but you get that lifetime warranty!
Maybe somebody will chime in with the right year... Mid 90s 460 something or other like that.
the1969fordguyinky
the1969fordguyinky

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 29th 2011, 8:33 am

Yea i remember Lem saying something about that like a 96 f-250 hi torque but didn't think it was a mini but might be wrong i'll check thanks.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra April 29th 2011, 8:36 am

Found the post its a 95ish for a f-250 or f-350 with a 460
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno April 29th 2011, 8:38 am

i purchased one from db electric and it works great

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird April 29th 2011, 12:07 pm

bruno wrote:i purchased one from db electric and it works great
X2
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 29th 2011, 12:09 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:Yea i remember Lem saying something about that like a 96 f-250 hi torque but didn't think it was a mini but might be wrong i'll check thanks.

It is a "mini" and fits better than the Denso type starter I used before. Cranks the engine much better as well. Lifetime warranty at O'Reilly. If it fails, I just take it back to O'reilly for an instant replacement. Takes me about 5 minutes to get it off the car and that's in a FOX chassis with a stock K-member (Cut off the engine mounts).

D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz Empty All fixed now

Post  nuclearcobra April 29th 2011, 1:48 pm

I just bought one for 172.95 brand new not rebuilt and it works awesome and is tiny and has tons of clearance plus its a gear reduction starter and weighs 6.5 lbs the other one weighed 19.5 Very Happy so i'm happier than a pig in poop Shocked the racing starters aint this light or small Cool heres some pics. Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz Th_IMG_0140 Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz Th_IMG_0139
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D's557BBF April 29th 2011, 2:39 pm

bruno wrote:i purchased one from db electric and it works great

I have one also, just haven't tested it yet Evil or Very Mad
D's557BBF
D's557BBF

Back to top Go down

Man am i ticked off for being a cheap azz Empty What year factory mini starter is the good one ?

Post  nuclearcobra May 2nd 2011, 6:15 pm

the one i got i asked for a 95 f-250 with a 460 and its not the one? the trans is a c6 using a scat flexplate. the starter just skims over the teeth so we put a converter in a trans on the floor bolted the flexplate up and a starter just to measure and the stock big starter is perfect the new 95ish mini starter is about a 1/8'' shy of contacting the teeth so i called the parts store and he said its a marine applacation but its the same as a 95ish f-250 but i think he's wrong any input on this / is a marine starter diffrent on the spaceing than a truck ?
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans May 2nd 2011, 8:30 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:the one i got i asked for a 95 f-250 with a 460 and its not the one? the trans is a c6 using a scat flexplate. the starter just skims over the teeth so we put a converter in a trans on the floor bolted the flexplate up and a starter just to measure and the stock big starter is perfect the new 95ish mini starter is about a 1/8'' shy of contacting the teeth so i called the parts store and he said its a marine applacation but its the same as a 95ish f-250 but i think he's wrong any input on this / is a marine starter diffrent on the spaceing than a truck ?

It needs to be for a 1995 F-250 (or 350) automatic trans with the 460 engine. My understanding is that the starter for a straight shift is different.

Hope this helps,
Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 2nd 2011, 9:50 pm

Then i bet thats what he gave me even tho i told him a 95 f-250 or 350 460 auto,when i asked him to double check it thats when he said he couldn't cross it over cause one is marine and one is auto but he knows its the same the marine is just heavy duty. I already told him i'm bringing them back which is no problem ,but for my own piece of mind i'm going to match it up with a 95 auto f-250 starter at another store tomorrow thats only a auto parts store to see the diffrence. Anyway i have two new racing starters on the way for wednesday one for me and one for the other motor. I can't believe it started in the first place, it sounded so bad when i hit the button i let off pronto but it fired that fast so i got to run it for 15 minutes anyway and shut her down at 200 degrees and checked what the starter noise was thats when i found its not the right starter. The box says fits J/E, OMC, pleasurecraft and volvo . Anyway it sounded badd azz i cant believe it was that loud with mufflers Twisted Evil i know its 3'' dynomax bullets but way louder than it ever was before.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 2nd 2011, 10:15 pm

F250.......auto. trans. ....'95 ......tell him to stick the marine stuff Exclamation

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 3rd 2011, 1:18 am

Thanks guys will do.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 3rd 2011, 3:00 pm

Well took the starter back and he asked me what i found out so i said the same thing i asked for the first time so i had him look up the number for a 95 f-250 460 auto trans and he got the number and i said does it cross over to this marine starter you gave me and he never answered Rolling Eyes plus i thought it was crappy last week when i bought a starter for a early 460 (the big starter) and found it wouldn't fit cause it hit the headers and he wouldn't take it back because i didn't have the box,he put the old one in the box for the core and said theres nothing he could do Shocked which i think is bullcrap he is the owner and i've spent thousands in there for the last 21 years. I even said you don't have to give me the 49 bucks back just give me a credit i'll be spending it in here anyway he still wouldn't. So much for being a good customer all these years Mad that 49 bucks just cost him thousands Evil or Very Mad the old spend a dime to save a nickel Rolling Eyes Well anyway i got two racing starters from summit that will be here wednesday.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down