BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My wife Finally got to drive her dream car.......

4 posters

Go down

My wife Finally got to drive her dream car....... Empty My wife Finally got to drive her dream car.......

Post  ThndrChkn August 7th 2011, 9:11 pm

Well, my wife Jeanette, FINALLY was able to get to drive her dream car!!! Those few of you that have met her, know how special that moment was for all of us... She's pictured here with family friend, car owner, Buzz Rose. It's a 1971 Mach1 Mustang with a 429 SCJ engine. I took her and the kids for a ride in it and we tried to get some video, but my cell couldn't get a clear picture due to the bright sunlight... And YES, she actually did drive it... I wish we could've gotten video, it was priceless!!!
My wife Finally got to drive her dream car....... Resampled_2011-08-07_17-54-10_125

The warehouse we're in has 28 cars in it. One Mustang for every year, except '64-1/2. This includes a couple Shelby's, one GT 350 & one GT 500KR. One, possibly two Eliminator Cougars. But one for sure. A '62 Galaxie 406 Tri-Power car, an unrestored '70 Boss 302. In his "other" shop there's an unrestored '69 Boss 429 in Wimbeldon White, that he bought from actor Peter Dewell's estate action after he died soometime in the 70's. This car has 22,300 original miles on it. Cool Cool He said to get ahold of him later on, and he "may" let me drive it. Very Happy Very Happy Also a Pantera, an SC Cobra Kit car. He even has an old Montana Highway Patrol car from 1973 that he restored back to original. He was even able to get in contact with the trooper that originally drove it. It has less than 100,000 miles on it and still retains the original 460 P.I. engine. I told him I need to go down there, and get pics of all of his cars so I can post them up here. A few years ago, he sold the '66 Fairlane that Ed Terry used to drive, to another local guy here. He got ahold of Ford, and got all the original paperwork from when the car was built. I'll see if I can get a pic or two. Then I'll tell ya the story that Ford told him about the car "not existing." Suspect

ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

My wife Finally got to drive her dream car....... Empty Re: My wife Finally got to drive her dream car.......

Post  cool40 August 7th 2011, 9:39 pm

Cool i bet she was happy! you'll be outa the dog house a few days! Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

My wife Finally got to drive her dream car....... Empty Re: My wife Finally got to drive her dream car.......

Post  ThndrChkn August 7th 2011, 9:46 pm

Yeah, now would be a good time to buy some parts... Shocked Laughing Laughing
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 7th 2011, 10:07 pm

I've met her,she's a special person Very Happy What else is on her list Doug?

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn August 7th 2011, 10:53 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I've met her,she's a special person Very Happy What else is on her list Doug?

Thanks Rick... Well, up until about 3 weeks ago, she wanted her kitchen remodeled. If you remember, when you guys were here, there was an island in the middle of the kitchen, which posed a problem for her with ther wheelchair. I did this all in just 2 days, 3 weekends ago...
My wife Finally got to drive her dream car....... 1312771214744
My wife Finally got to drive her dream car....... 1312771212532

I took the island out, and the cabinet next to the stove. Installed the new cabinets, repaired the old floor, and laid down the Spalted Maple laminate flooring. She's much much happier with her new kitchen...
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 8th 2011, 12:47 am

Cool Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranch71460 August 8th 2011, 7:44 am

Buzz is a great guy. He always brings some interesting cars to the International Mustang Meets.
He had the Boss 9 in Billings 2 years ago. Drove it all the way there on the ORIGINAL bias ply tires Exclamation Shocked
Good job on the kitchen Doug, I bet the missus has a big smile.
Ranch71460
Ranch71460

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down