BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the dove c heads i bought , i measured the intake valves they were 2.250 assuming these are not stock valves ?

5 posters

Go down

the dove c heads i bought , i measured the intake valves they were 2.250 assuming these are not stock valves ? Empty the dove c heads i bought , i measured the intake valves they were 2.250 assuming these are not stock valves ?

Post  5pointslow August 10th 2011, 4:17 pm

the dove c heads i picked up for short money ....were ported but the valves dont appear to be stainless , but i measured them with a vernier and they measure 2.250 im happy if they are bigger , i thought stock was 2.08 in theses .......hope i didnt get hurt that bad for 150$ and there ported
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

the dove c heads i bought , i measured the intake valves they were 2.250 assuming these are not stock valves ? Empty Re: the dove c heads i bought , i measured the intake valves they were 2.250 assuming these are not stock valves ?

Post  dfree383 August 10th 2011, 4:19 pm

Yep, Someone Replaced the Valves with Larger ones.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

the dove c heads i bought , i measured the intake valves they were 2.250 assuming these are not stock valves ? Empty Re: the dove c heads i bought , i measured the intake valves they were 2.250 assuming these are not stock valves ?

Post  NO FAIR August 10th 2011, 5:16 pm

Nice score!
Dave
Cool
NO FAIR
NO FAIR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 10th 2011, 7:16 pm

5pointslow wrote:the dove c heads i picked up for short money ....were ported but the valves dont appear to be stainless , but i measured them with a vernier and they measure 2.250 im happy if they are bigger , i thought stock was 2.08 in theses .......hope i didnt get hurt that bad for 150$ and there ported

If they are NOT stainless then they are probably OEM valves, (or direct replacements), for a CJ head.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans August 10th 2011, 8:24 pm

Put a magnet to them. The higher alloy stainless steel valves are not magnetic. The OEM valves were steel, so they would be magnetic. Also, they were welded at the juncture of the stem and the head, therefore if you closely inspect them there, you can sometimes still see where there are weld marks or voids.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 10th 2011, 8:47 pm

was 2.250 the standard intake size on the cj head ? right i was under the impression that dovec was 2.08 thats why i was like these look big
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 10th 2011, 11:45 pm

5pointslow wrote:was 2.250 the standard intake size on the cj head ? right i was under the impression that dovec was 2.08 thats why i was like these look big

The standard CJ intake valve was 2.245" in diameter however, OEM they were originally 30 degree seats. Changing them is not a problem. Valves are available in the aftermarket with either seat angle made of steel or stainless steel; (even alloyed stainless steel which is slightly magnetic).

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down