BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlotte NC Lucas Oil Race This Week

4 posters

Go down

Charlotte NC Lucas Oil Race This Week Empty Charlotte NC Lucas Oil Race This Week

Post  Wheelie58 August 22nd 2011, 12:34 am

Just wondering if any fellow BBF freaks will be heading to the Lucas Oil race in Charlotte NC this week?
I hope to have the fastest '58 Ford there.
I am planning to double enter the old car, running both Super Gas (9.90) and the 10.0 Index back-to-back. Hoping for good weather and a fun weekend.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Charlotte NC Lucas Oil Race This Week Empty Re: Charlotte NC Lucas Oil Race This Week

Post  c.evans August 22nd 2011, 2:08 am

Keith,

What's unusual is that NHRA Div 2 is even having a race at Charlotte next weekend,,,,, while Div 3 is having their traditional divisional race at Beech Bend the same weekend. So we'll be at Beech Bend for the Div 3 Lucas Oil race.

In the past , many of the Division 2 racers would always come up to Beech Bend for it's Div 3 race which has always been the weekend before Indy and then they would drive on up for the U.S. Nats.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Charlotte NC Lucas Oil Race This Week Empty Re: Charlotte NC Lucas Oil Race This Week

Post  Wheelie58 August 22nd 2011, 1:25 pm

Yeah...Charlie...that is a screwy scheduling deal for sure. I have run the Div 3 Bowling Green race a few times.
The Orlando race got pulled early in 2011 when the track was unable to make some required updates for NHRA. I guess this was the only time to do the D2 race. I will go there (Charlotte) , since Div 2 runs the Index classes this year.
Have fun in Bowling Green!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  crittersf1 August 22nd 2011, 8:12 pm

Good luck Keith! Keep us posted, can't make it. Sad
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon August 22nd 2011, 8:28 pm

The question is, are you running the Big Go? I know you have enough grading points. Good Luck in Charlotte no matter what.
JB
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 August 22nd 2011, 11:02 pm

Treeyasoon wrote:The question is, are you running the Big Go? I know you have enough grading points. Good Luck in Charlotte no matter what.
JB

If you are referring to Indy....I chose not to go. I had a request to visit the corporate office of a company that I will be doing some consulting work for...and possibly a race operation sponsorship deal.
They wanted me to come out there (Tulsa) on the Monday and Tuesday before the US Nats. For some reason, I was just not in the mood to enter that race anyway. Just had some bad vibes...or something.
If I have a good time at Charlotte, I will go back there for their national event in a few weeks.
Thanks!
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down