BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

d9te-ab block and early crank and rods

2 posters

Go down

d9te-ab block and early crank and rods  Empty d9te-ab block and early crank and rods

Post  manofmerc September 5th 2011, 7:28 am

D9 block hasnt ever been bored .One cyl. has some nicks .Nothing .030 shouldnt take care of has some surface rust $150 460 crank needs turning this is an internal balance crank it will not fit the d9 block needs turning $95 with stock rods $150 .Doug I am south of atl Ga. Cool

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

d9te-ab block and early crank and rods  Empty Re: d9te-ab block and early crank and rods

Post  Moodyblues November 3rd 2011, 8:05 pm

Will that block take a D1VE-2y crank?

Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

d9te-ab block and early crank and rods  Empty Not easily

Post  manofmerc November 4th 2011, 7:40 am

No moodyblues it wont .You have to have the later external balance crank or an aftermarket stroker crank .If you wanted to do some grinding on this block it could be done but it is better to get the correct cranshaft.Do you live in Ga?I am off I75.Doug 678 603 8400 Cool

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

d9te-ab block and early crank and rods  Empty Re: d9te-ab block and early crank and rods

Post  Moodyblues November 6th 2011, 6:05 pm

Chattanooga here. So a stroker crank will work, that is good. I was looking at all the stock type blocks and noticed the D9te has more "skirt" on it for the pistons.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

d9te-ab block and early crank and rods  Empty Block

Post  manofmerc November 7th 2011, 7:30 am

[b] Moody blues if you are interested in the block just give me a call .Doug Smile

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down