BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you using for oil retention devices?

+7
bbf-falcon
56Tbird
jcoxracing
c.evans
Wheelie58
richter69
512Fairlane
11 posters

Go down

What are you using for oil retention devices? Empty What are you using for oil retention devices?

Post  512Fairlane September 28th 2011, 9:28 pm

What are you shock tower guys using for oil retention devices? Pans or diapers? I guess I need to get one now. Any pics of non-chassis cars with pans or diapers? I'm not sure how I'm going to fit one on this thing.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

What are you using for oil retention devices? Empty Re: What are you using for oil retention devices?

Post  richter69 September 28th 2011, 9:54 pm

I made a pan, but took it off........too damn heavy lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

What are you using for oil retention devices? Empty Re: What are you using for oil retention devices?

Post  512Fairlane September 28th 2011, 10:03 pm

richter69 wrote:I made a pan, but took it off........too damn heavy lol.

I remember the pictures of yours. Looked very nice but I'm not sure I can fit something like that under this thing. I'm kind of wondering what the fox body guys do. How picky are the NHRA tracks about these things? My car could oil down the track just as easy when it only ran 10s. Very Happy
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 September 28th 2011, 10:10 pm

I have never been asked to have one, they dont look.

A guy dont need to do it just because its a rule though.

I guess my front end wants to start going higher than it is I'll put it back on lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Wheelie58 September 28th 2011, 10:19 pm

I use a custom made diaper from Dennis Ridgeway at DRE Engine diapers.
Yes..it is a pain, and it covers up all of my pretty plumbing, but if you race at an NHRA Lucas Oil divsional race or Powerade series national event, in a class that requires one....they are looking for it at Tech.
In the last couple of years, I have 3 or 4 (Chevy) buddies that have kicked rods out, filled up the diaper with parts, oil and coolant and never put a drop on the track.
They cleaned the diaper and put it right back on the new engine.
I have learned to tolerate the diaper and it really doesnt bother me any more.
Pans are OK too, depending on your chassis design.
Keith
Wheelie58
Wheelie58

http://www.keithfulpmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans September 28th 2011, 10:34 pm

Todd has a diaper on Krisse's dragster,,,,, however generally the pans are lighter.

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jcoxracing September 28th 2011, 11:22 pm

512Fairlane wrote:
richter69 wrote:I made a pan, but took it off........too damn heavy lol.

My car could oil down the track just as easy when it only ran 10s. Very Happy
Welcome to the 9 second club cheers I am in the same boat with the pan diaper. I am going to order mine from DRE (Dennis Ridgeway) this winter. Remember to tell them that you run at Coles County to get a discount!
Justin
jcoxracing
jcoxracing

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird September 28th 2011, 11:36 pm

I run a Champion diaper on my Tbird. I've been checked quite a few times.Any NHRA race you'll have to have it ,and any NHRA track that techs will more than likely tell you to get one. I don't have one on my foxbody.They're a pain on one them ,so I'll just run it where they don't make me have one.They can be a lifesaver in the right spot! I like them on a fast car.
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon September 29th 2011, 4:09 am

56Tbird wrote:I run a Champion diaper on my Tbird. I've been checked quite a few times.Any NHRA race you'll have to have it ,and any NHRA track that techs will more than likely tell you to get one. I don't have one on my foxbody.They're a pain on one them ,so I'll just run it where they don't make me have one.They can be a lifesaver in the right spot! I like them on a fast car.

Dan,Randy don't run one on his "58,but he carries it w/him in the trailer. It surprises me that Tech at HRR did'nt make him install it. Shocked

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno September 29th 2011, 7:49 am

56Tbird wrote:I run a Champion diaper on my Tbird. I've been checked quite a few times.Any NHRA race you'll have to have it ,and any NHRA track that techs will more than likely tell you to get one. I don't have one on my foxbody.They're a pain on one them ,so I'll just run it where they don't make me have one.They can be a lifesaver in the right spot! I like them on a fast car.

nice piece huh Wink

i use a pan for my deal ....still on alien

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy September 29th 2011, 9:29 am

The first time you break something in the engine and get in your own oil at 150 plus MPH you MAY get the chance to later get one but, maybe not.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  342g September 29th 2011, 12:38 pm

Wheelie58 wrote:I use a custom made diaper from Dennis Ridgeway at DRE Engine diapers.
Yes..it is a pain, and it covers up all of my pretty plumbing, but if you race at an NHRA Lucas Oil divsional race or Powerade series national event, in a class that requires one....they are looking for it at Tech.
In the last couple of years, I have 3 or 4 (Chevy) buddies that have kicked rods out, filled up the diaper with parts, oil and coolant and never put a drop on the track.
They cleaned the diaper and put it right back on the new engine.
I have learned to tolerate the diaper and it really doesnt bother me any more.
Pans are OK too, depending on your chassis design.
Keith

X2, PLUS THEY MAKE THEM NOW TO GO AROUND THE OIL FILTER, AND STARTER., DARN CAPS Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications September 29th 2011, 12:58 pm

I never thought much about a diaper until I blew my motor three weeks ago and when I got outta the car water and oil were pouring out from under the tires!!! Car never got out of control but it very easily could have. New motor will have something rather than nothing.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane September 30th 2011, 9:45 am

bruno wrote:

nice piece huh Wink

i use a pan for my deal ....still on alien

Any pics Bruno?

Thanks.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down