BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended amount of Transmission fluid for the C6

3 posters

Go down

Recommended amount of Transmission fluid for the C6 Empty Recommended amount of Transmission fluid for the C6

Post  TheFrog November 1st 2011, 9:50 pm

Hey Guys,
I have been trying to get some information regarding transmission fluid for the C6 and here is what I came up with. Let me know if this information sounds accurate to you guys:
1. So far I have found that Type F fluid is pretty much a must when it comes to C6's built earlier than the 80's and even for some that were built in the 80's.
2. Though the torque converter can be run "dry", it is recommended that at least a 1/2 to a quart of trans fluid should be put into the torque converter.
3. It is recommended that it will take 12.5 quarts of trans fluid for a dry transmission and torque converter.
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks,
Keith

TheFrog

Back to top Go down

Recommended amount of Transmission fluid for the C6 Empty Re: Recommended amount of Transmission fluid for the C6

Post  crittersf1 November 2nd 2011, 3:04 pm

What converter and which pan?
crittersf1
crittersf1

Back to top Go down

Recommended amount of Transmission fluid for the C6 Empty Re: Recommended amount of Transmission fluid for the C6

Post  TheFrog November 2nd 2011, 3:32 pm

Both the converter and pan are stock. I believe it's a 69 or 70 transmission.
Thanks,
Keith

TheFrog

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 2nd 2011, 5:13 pm

fill it till it is full on the dipstick, not that big a deal......
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down