BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.

Go down

c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.  Empty c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.

Post  machwon169 November 4th 2011, 9:00 am

We im new here and am swapping out the worn and tired 351w out of my 69 mustang... i had a c4 built to handle about 400-450hp. It works great. My question is can i just pull the pan and swap on a full manual reverse pattern valve body with a t brake... inplace of the stock one in there? I know i need a new shifter that not big deal. but if everything else will work and i have a manual withotu a clutch that would be cool. and leaving on a trans brake should be a nice feeling.... The last thing is when i swap over to full manual there is no need for the trans kickdown anymore corerect? (that things been giving my 22 year old self a run for its money)

Car is a street car/strip car... drive it at most 75-100 miles a week and only from march to septemebr... Plan is to do a bbf not sure what direction that is let. locating deals now... but its a c4 with a 9"-10" convertor. and it has 3.89 gears in it right now in a 9" so the drivetrain should be good to go.

machwon169

Back to top Go down

c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.  Empty Re: c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.

Post  Gregaust November 10th 2011, 1:44 am

You probably can swap it on and get away ok , only thing is do you know much about the build ? What clutch pack clearances were used , how many clutches , some transbrakes require specific clearances, and some require mod to the case if the solenoid uses the original modulator valve for the transbrake . Just need to check to be sure .

Yes and full manual requires no kickdown

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.  Empty Re: c4... full manual reverse tran brake question.

Post  Maxx Levell November 14th 2011, 7:41 pm

machwon169 wrote:We im new here and am swapping out the worn and tired 351w out of my 69 mustang... i had a c4 built to handle about 400-450hp. It works great. My question is can i just pull the pan and swap on a full manual reverse pattern valve body with a t brake... inplace of the stock one in there? I know i need a new shifter that not big deal. but if everything else will work and i have a manual withotu a clutch that would be cool. and leaving on a trans brake should be a nice feeling.... The last thing is when i swap over to full manual there is no need for the trans kickdown anymore corerect? (that things been giving my 22 year old self a run for its money)

Car is a street car/strip car... drive it at most 75-100 miles a week and only from march to septemebr... Plan is to do a bbf not sure what direction that is let. locating deals now... but its a c4 with a 9"-10" convertor. and it has 3.89 gears in it right now in a 9" so the drivetrain should be good to go.

You may not need a new shifter, depends on what kind it is. I just replaced the shifter gates on mine when I went to Full manual reverse pattern on my C-4...I think they were only $18 or $20 bucks.
Maxx Levell
Maxx Levell

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum