BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST COAST TO THE EAST

3 posters

Go down

WEST COAST TO THE EAST Empty WEST COAST TO THE EAST

Post  blown86hallet March 5th 2012, 6:09 pm

Flying into Phoenix on the 15th. Will be driving back to Michigan with the new boat and old truck.. Anyone need something picked up and brought back?? let me know...

adam s
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

WEST COAST TO THE EAST Empty Re: WEST COAST TO THE EAST

Post  racerk_2000 March 6th 2012, 12:06 am

I don't need anything picked, but man I love your boat. My older brother raced a Barron Sprint (Halet) in Super Stock for a while. Real fast boat.

racerk_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet March 6th 2012, 5:03 am

racerk_2000 wrote:I don't need anything picked, but man I love your boat. My older brother raced a Barron Sprint (Halet) in Super Stock for a while. Real fast boat.

The boat I'm picking up is a Biesemeyer. Who is your brother? where did he race? Parker, San Diego, Long beach, Burley Idaho?

adam
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  racerk_2000 March 7th 2012, 3:14 pm

My brother and I both lived in Florida and mostly raced there in the 80's. He is Patrick Hughes and I am Kevin. He was more sucessfull than I was. We both raced Super Stock mostly in Florida and the south east. I raced once in California, at Castaic Lake. When I was in the Army i was stationed at Fort Ord, in the Monterey area. The Super Stocks ran one pin turns one day and normal oval the other. None of the guys knew me and were very leary to have a stranger racing, especialy with the one pin turns. We had to qualify and I got put outside for the start. I did well enough to make the field. I ran middle of the pack. I had too much gear in the boat and it wouldn't come out of the turns so well. Most of them were pretty nice guys, especialy after they found out I was in the army. A few of the Super's played bumper boats with the one pin turn deal.
I still have my boat. It is a Frahs, that's a splash off an old Stephens with some bottom mods. Not the lightest or best handeling boat, but it was somewhat competitive and fun. I am putting a 466 in it to play with.

racerk_2000

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty March 7th 2012, 9:57 pm

If you are coming through Nebraska give me a shout and we'll sit down and have a beer and a steak.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down